Gibson Brands Forums

Gecko bursts

This one goes to 11

Up until last week I was trying to get hold of one ,I like the colour but my local music shop here in the UK said since rosetti lost there licence to handle gibson he cant get anything with the gibson name on it. He didn,t know how long this will last but while I was in there I spotted a nice SG so I bought that to fill the gap and I must say it is a fantastic guitar that any other day I would have overlooked.

Good one, Chan Man! I must admit I've only ever seen one - in Rhodes Music on Denmark Street (in London). LT ED you could always try them. I have to confess that there was something about it I liked - maybe because it was so damn different from the norm, like the Cayenne finish the Standard came in with bells on.

Then again it does look like a sectioned avocado. :)

To be quite honest, *EVERYONE* has that same old cherry sunburst Jimmy Page lookalike LP.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but myself I like to find guitars that are outside the norm.

Yes, Gecko Burst is weird, but I'd buy one in a heartbeat. You don't see too many green guitars, and I'd imagine it'd look pretty killer on stage. They should of thrown some sparkles in there too! ;-P

Green guitars can be beautiful. PRS has a stunning green Has Gibson ever released a dark green LP?

I don't remember seeing one

I am with Ian on the same old Page burst. I went for the Trans-amber myself and have been gassing for a rootbeer

Then again it does look like a sectioned avocado. :)

THAT'S IT!!!! Thanks!!! Been driving me nuts trying to figure out what this burst reminds me of....

...and I ain't talking much trash here. I like the Dean Slime Bee....

Never gecko either just wrong on some level, and I have a green Les Paul or at least kind of a Mardi Gra finish from the Music Rising release. Strange color hand painted with red wax on them and all wood was recoverred from the floods in the Gulf coast. 300 made all different to raise money for music rising. if you have never heard Music Rising raises money to replace the instruments lost in the Katrina floods. This is actually better looking in person really gold looking photos really bring the color out

IMG_1739.jpg

Never gecko either just wrong on some level' date=' and I have a green Les Paul or at least kind of a Mardi Gra finish from the Music Rising release. Strange color hand painted with red wax on them and all wood was recoverred from the floods in the Gulf coast. 300 made all different to raise money for music rising. if you have never heard Music Rising raises money to replace the instruments lost in the Katrina floods. This is actually better looking in person really gold looking photos really bring the color out

[img']http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q304/retrosurfer1959/IMG_1739.jpg[/img]

The results of last night's hangover featured the same paintjob. :-)

Seriously, how much did that set you back? With The Edge as the poster-boy for the charity, I don't imagine it came cheap.

Archived