Cliff Bennett

Elmore James

Muddy Waters

Gregg Allman

Hank Williams, Sr.

Randy Bachman

Kathi McDonald

John Lennon

I think I have most of the bases covered.

Would it be weird if I said I think bon scott had the best voice for hard rock music ? [biggrin] Because that is exactly what I think....

Freddy Mercury best all around voice for rock and roll in general...

Pat Benetar (early) for the best famale...

Yeah' date=' awesome voice.....I have "Shadows of Grief" playing right now. LOL![/quote']

I saw Heep about 10 times in the 70's. I've said it here before, my first Les Paul was Black Beauty inspired by Mick Box (you look a bit like a young Mickster in your avatar). The lineup of Byron, Box, Hensley, Thain and Kerslake was unreal. The rock and roll medley they did to close their shows was some of the best pure rock you could ask for. Played a few Heep tunes myself with the boys back in the day. [biggrin]

I saw Heep about 10 times in the 70's. I've said it here before' date=' my first Les Paul was Black Beauty inspired by Mick Box (you look a bit like a young Mickster in your avatar). The lineup of Byron, Box, Hensley, Thain and Kerslake was unreal. The rock and roll medley they did to close their shows was some of the best pure rock you could ask for. Played a few Heep tunes myself with the boys back in the day. [cool']

You are a lucky guy!

I would have loved to have seen that lineup. I count myself lucky that I was 10 and 11 years behind my brother/sister (born 1969) so I grew up with all the great music they listened to and went to see.

This line-up of Heep, Alice Cooper "Love It To Death" tour and the Sabbath/BOC Black and Blue tour are shows I would have given anything to attend!

LOL! Yeah, Tony Iommi is my main influence but Mick Box as well as Glen Buxton helped mold me.

[biggrin] I just watched some video footage of her with John Paul Jones' date=' she was like all Plasmatics looking and yodeling. LOL - great stuff.[/quote']

Was this the video? It kind of frightened me.

John Paul Jones rocks in this.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

This is one of those tough questions.

Paul Rodgers gets the Powerful Voice nod

Cab Calloway never needed a Microphone

I think I lie Seals Voice the most, but not his music.

Amy Lee is Fantastic

Tough question.

I was gonna say:

Dead: David Byron

Alive: Sammy Haggar

Thanks Cabba for mentioning the late' date=' great David Byron [crying

I wasnt even aware that David Byron had died [biggrin] and SO many years ago too[crying] I was a Big Heep fan back in the day too, seen them many times with the original line up back in the 70's ,, always loved his voice and wondered why Heep hadnt reunited,, now I know, while I like Mick Box I always thought he was pretty simplistic, he had some really cool riffs but wasnt fancied as one of the best lead players around at the time

I wasnt even aware that David Byron had died [biggrin] and SO many years ago too[crying] I was a Big Heep fan back in the day too' date=' seen them many times with the original line up back in the 70's ,, always loved his voice and wondered why Heep hadnt reunited,, now I know, while I like Mick Box I always thought he was pretty simplistic, he had some really cool riffs but wasnt fancied as one of the best lead players around at the time[/quote']

Yeah, his story is a sad one.

I wish I could have seen him perform, all I can do now is watch YouTube footage.

My favorite (not necessarily the best) is....

<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF-ZLYspyA8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF-ZLYspyA8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>

Brian Johnson!

Archived