Gibson Brands Forums

I'll give this one 5 minutes...

CJW

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Show me at which point I expected you to see the art in anything?

Show me at which point I asked for only compliments?

I posted the picture to raise a smile in a time when the world has little to smile about. I'm sorry if the photograph isn't up to your exacting critical standards' date=' but we all have to start somewhere.[/quote']

You are too tore up about this' date=' it is time to relax cowboy.[/quote']

I'll take that as a "No, I can't" then...

I'm not "tore up" about anything - whatever that means - life's too short to get wound up by a faceless critic several thousand miles away who spends "all day" on a forum .

I'm done.

If anyone wants to see the rest of the set (as bad as they may be) please send me a PM.

Wishing you all the best,

Chris

Cheese Cake. Nothing wrong with a little Cheese Cake, or Beef Cake for you girls...however......

Critique, the pose is "less than Flattering", the way she has her legs forced apart looks uncomfotable and it makes her legs look Skinny and her Trunk curve-less.

The lighting is too harsh, the shadow from what I'm assuming was a flash is too pronounced, the Back Drop looks like a someone's doing some Interior Painting. No good reason to use a flash in a studio.

The model has a look on her face that says, "Are you quite finished, this is uncomfortable."

The focus is too sharp, Ever heard of Soft Focus?

The amp is a cheap bedroom Marshall and the Les Paul should be sharing the subject, not just an excuse for a undergarment photo.

Overall, there is no life in the shot. Call it art if you want, it's just your typical Amateur Internet Cheesecake Shot.

Well yeah' date=' I could have photoshopped an awful lot of flaws out of the shot/model, but I prefer to depict the model as she is, not some orange-tanned, perfect-skinned, ultra-skinny plastic thing. You know, the ones that give women hang-ups about the way they look?.[/quote']

:-s Actually that's just what the world needs: more ads and sets of REAL people, not plastic surgery addicts (I really hate how those moded "models" look)

CJW

Actually until Karen made short comment, I was gonna keep my keyboard quiet.

I've shot a few frames in my time, right now something like 25-30,000 a year which isn't really much, but is more than most folks. The pix is fine. "Style" in photography has changed more than a few times since I started shooting for money.

Murph...

Yeah, I think girls who wear real boots for work or rodeo competition purposes are pretty special ladies myself - but I wouldn't recommend those particular boots for goat tying competition. <chuckle> One of my favorite lady friends is over 90, still moves well, and was a regionally-famed rodeo contract trick rider for years; still wears her boots for outside work.

(Lyric: "I like old corrals and sagebrush, ponderosa pine... pretty girls in pickup trucks and California wine...")

m

CJW

Actually until Karen made short comment' date=' I was gonna keep my keyboard quiet.

I've shot a few frames in my time, right now something like 25-30,000 a year which isn't really much, but is more than most folks. The pix is fine. "Style" in photography has changed more than a few times since I started shooting for money.

Murph...

Yeah, I think girls who wear real boots for work or rodeo competition purposes are pretty special ladies myself - but I wouldn't recommend those particular boots for goat tying competition. <chuckle> One of my favorite lady friends is over 90, still moves well, and was a regionally-famed rodeo contract trick rider for years; still wears her boots for outside work.

(Lyric: "I like old corrals and sagebrush, ponderosa pine... pretty girls in pickup trucks and California wine...")

m

[/quote']

Oh shoot, I should have kept my mouth shut. I didn't mean to start anything. [biggrin]

Milod, here's a pair of boots for ya. In fact, here's two pair...... both covered with real genuine horse ****!!! I keep them outside in the shed [biggrin]

IMG_1073.jpg

Karen...

My kinda girl... except my boots with similar ... decoration ... come in the house anyway. <chortle>

Too bad Kipling didn't write a version of "If" for the ladies... The same sorts of things hold true, IMHO.

m

Archived