Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing the Les Paul Studio 50’s Tribute – Limited Run from Gibson USA

Gibson USA

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of flooded buildings are a saftey hazard, even when you can clean them and strip them of damaged materials there is always the risk of mold, as a result it is illegal to even replace sheetrock and other materials that were under water because the studs that hold them must be cleared by inspectors.

The nearby Mall Opry Mills where the Gibson Showcase is had to be stripped of all drywall up to about 5ft and then every single metal stud is having to be cleaned by hand.

60 made it out the door late April.

ALL FIVE FINISHES ARE NOW SOLD OUT!

*Please check with your favorite Gibson dealer to find out what they ordered.

Shipments to dealers will resume early August!

Early August...

Sure???[confused]

Premier Guitar Magazine has an article on the flood.

So damn sad. Unfathomable losses to music history. Well, as they say in the computer gaming software world, it'll be ready when it's ready. Part of me is scared they're just going to drop this line and refund the money. <<<< Speculation by a person who's never owned a Gibson and is GASSing hard for his 50's Studio Tribute, under no circumstances is what I said fact, or hearsay.

So damn sad. Unfathomable losses to music history. Well' date=' as they say in the computer gaming software world, it'll be ready when it's ready. Part of me is scared they're just going to drop this line and refund the money. <<<< Speculation by a person who's never owned a Gibson and is GASSing hard for his 50's Studio Tribute, under no circumstances is what I said fact, or hearsay.[/quote']

No, simply speculation. But unfortunately, a lot of people have a way of reading things only half way. That's how a lot of rumors get started. "I heard they might just....." Blah blah blah.

TBH, I don't see what the incentive for them to do the above would be. These lower end guitars require much less "hands on" than their fully appointed counter parts (less finishing, no binding), therefore much easier to "crank out" a batch than it would be to do the same with others. Seems like they would be the perfect guitar to ramp up production with once they get back to it. Plus, the machine work should be able to be done in a day or two. I have no doubt they'll produce what they've committed to. I do doubt they'll go beyond that though, as they've already announced the line is sold out. What wouldn't surprise me, would be some more offerings of similar features a bit down the road (huge popularity and success are hard to ignore).

I bet when these Les Paul Studio 50s tribute are finally shipped, Gibson will probably include some kind of acknowledgment to those who ordered and held out from canceling in support for Gibson. Perhaps, Gibson will include a certificate of appreciation with the guitar.

Mmmmh I waited 6 months for my Gibson Explorer in Natural, no certificate came with it. [blink]

They don't make them in natural right now so it was worth the wait.

My point is that it is not unusual to wait for a guitar you want but a lot of you may never have gone through that.

I bet when these Les Paul Studio 50s tribute are finally shipped' date=' Gibson will probably include some kind of acknowledgment to those who ordered and held out from canceling in support for Gibson. Perhaps, Gibson will include a certificate of appreciation with the guitar.[/quote']

(Snicker...)

After a few years of truely poorly designed Gibson guitars (think Zoot and Eye), Gibson finally made a quality guitar the average Joe can afford and want to play. The old Studio faded's had all the dirt of a Gibson, but none of the looks. The Robot Guitars look cool, sound cool, but prone to failure. Then there was the launch of the Darkfire and Dusk Tiger, that are too expensive and complex for the average Joe to want to play. Let's not even get into their Supreme and Custom Shop models....

Now there is the Studio 50's Tribute Les Paul. A beautiful instrument that's easy on the eyes and easy on the wallet. Whoever came up with this idea should be given a raise. Never has Gibson produced an instrument in reach of non-professional aspiring guitarist.

I may be in the market for a new Gibson next year. This might be my chance to actual buy one I plan to keep. Hopefully Gibson will make this a long standing limited edition factory run.

IMO to many things not going for them...

1: I still do not understand the faded or aged look. Want a older looking guitar; buy it used there has to be adverse reactions to the paint after its chemically treated to look old.

2: On boy 60 cyl hum; I like single coils but not enough to have it full time on any guitar' date=' thats why even my strats are H-S-S

3: Just doesn't do anything for me personally, how about something different instead of the same mdl's year after year with the same paint etc....

What Gibson should do to the LP

1: Add the axxcess neck pocket on even the Studio mdl

2: Add splittable pups on the studio not just the GC Silverburst

3: Continue to offer Gold and Chrome hardware on all mdls

[/quote']

Guess you don't need to order one then. I know about the 60 cycle hum with P90's and considering how hard it is to find one of these without waiting, and back ordering, they must be doing something right; It's a 50's tribute, back when the P90's were only pickup available '52 - '56 (I am probably not entirely accurate on those dates, but the PAF was 1955). So P90's make perfect sense IMO

well, i have it on trusted authority that the plant is running. they thought about starting hard on one model to knock out some backorders... but instead are working on everything. they started this week making fretboards. 4-8 weeks before we see finished guitars shipped.

well' date=' i have it on trusted authority that the plant is running. they thought about starting hard on one model to knock out some backorders... but instead are working on everything. they started this week making fretboards. 4-8 weeks before we see finished guitars shipped.[/quote']

That's great news for all of us waiting for the guitars, better news for the folks who can get back to work! :)

I ordered my Goldtop on 6/13 from MF (my first LP!). Since then I've been reading the LP forum, and this thread in particular, to help pass the days. I received backorder notices on 6/14, 6/24, 7/6, and 7/14. On the notice from 7/14 the wording changed from "it's on order, we'll ship it when we get it" to "we expect to be able to ship your order within 30 days".

Just an observation...

I played a black 50's tribute today at the Gibson Showcase in Memphis, nice guitar for the money.

Very light, the thickness of the body is exactly like my LP Vintage Mahogany. Distressed finish, no faux binding on this one. The cream P90 covers definitely help the look of the guitar a lot.

The neck on this guitar was great, although I know every neck is different.

'59 neck profile slightly beefier than usual at the first frets and nice all the way down without too much shoulder.

Archived