Gibson Brands Forums

B-day pedal, new car, dedication to the forum

Izzy

So...

I wound up getting a used Hyundai Tiburon with little over 30k miles for 12k ttl included. Thank you all for your input on car sales and dealing with auto dealers. It made a difference!

My b-day is coming up and the only pedal I own besides my boss distortion is a wha I never use (I think its a crybaby?)

I was thinking delay. I'm not a fan of digital things but...what do ya'll suggest? Is there another must have pedal I don't know about.

...and my tribute to you guys, I SO thought of ya'll when I heard this. The lyrics are so lounge xD

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuzB_0bIAgw[/YOUTUBE]

Yupper....

Have a really happy birthday, Izzy...

As for pedals... I've got just two. One is a Boss Leslie emulator for when I want my head to think like my guitar is really a B3 for some blues or jazz stuff, and the other is a Zoom 707II that basically is there just to thicken light strings into the amp. Yeah, I s'pose that's a little pricey for one thing I mostly use, but...

m

If I don't get a delay I'll get a flanger. Votes?

I play alterna/rock/indie/punk...nothing jazz or country' date=' though I respect the genres.[/quote']

Yeah, for those genres I think you'll want a delay more than a flange. A good delay can be turned down and used just to add some sustain, or up for wild echo effects. A flange (IMO) is pretty much always in your face, which makes it harder to use, even though I like that twisty, jet-plane effect.

... and happy birthday!

Archived