Gibson Brands Forums

Is She Too Hot To Work?

Artie Owl

Some of you might have heard about this case already, for the rest of us let me start by saying

This woman's name is Debroah Lee Lorenzana;

20100602_dlorenzana_250x420.jpg

Ok, apparently she believes that she was wrongfully terminated by Citi Bank because the men she worked with were unable to work around her, and the women around her were jealous, which resulted in her being stuffed away in a branch with less traffic that left her unable to perform the required quotas or something.

Citi Bank hasn't said much about the wrongful termination case that I've seen, and apparently now Ms. Lorenzana has signed an arbitration to work it out.

What do you guys think? Actual case of jealousy/uncontrollable libedo? Or was she just a pretty girl who isn't that smart to begin with and made a fuss after being fired because she's attractive and she can? How many of us could get away with that?

Thoughts?

Woman should never be objectified...now that thats out of the way, shes hot!

But, id have no trouble working with her. I can control myself. Shes a human being. Shes no dummy, she can smell

a "man with a plan" a mile away.....theres more to this story im sure.

While it may be wrong, if she dressed like that picture at work - I could understand why.

My GF has a huge chest for her build and when she goes to work she dresses conservatively in business office attire.

Cleavage out is not appropriate for work, IMO.

While it may be wrong' date=' if she dressed like that picture at work - I could understand why.

My GF has a huge chest for her build and when she goes to work she dresses conservatively in business office attire.

Cleavage out is not appropriate for work, IMO.[/quote']

lets see some pics :- kidding

I wonder if she was let go because of her smarts and job performance more so then her looks,, when a good looking woman dress' like that in a work place filled with men, she's gonna get gauked at, she better be able to deal with it or wear a turtle neck or suit [biggrin] some women just carry themselves a certain way which projects sex or flirtation, while other women (attractive) also know how to carry themselves in a certain professional manner thats more suitable in an office environment

Saw this on FOX News Sunday.

She's obviously a beautiful woman.

She was terminated for not fulfilling her quota of loan applications or something.

Her choice of clothing was in line with the company's dress code.

We can only see how this one plays out.

I think it is possible for her to have been treated differently for being "fine".

There are ways to make yourself less attractive when you want to be noticed for your hard work. It is sad, but many women who want to climb the corporate ladder have to emasculate themselves (short hair, pants instad of suits) to be noticed for their work rather than their looks. I know I go out of my way to be goofy and walk extra butch at work just so girls can ignore me and concentrate on other competition. Men don't bother me.

Women are envious creatures. I weigh 85lbs at the moment and girls at work give me the hardest time even though I'm a goof ball and act like the biggest lesbo. I prefer working for me in that regard. I've had male bosses accidentally brush their hands against my tush. That bothers me less than having a female boss screw with my hours because she's not as young or thin.

Again, she could have tried to make herself less attractive. Sad that she'd have to but...

The whole image thing is a frustrating question for everyone, not just women.

For instance There's a new Barbie doll that's getting a lot of flack for Mattel because she has a slightly lower cut top and slightly larger breasts. Mothers were up in arms demanding to know why Mattel expects to sell these to their daughters and brainwash them into believing they had to look like that.

Well, that's all well and good but look at most of the "action figures" (because when they were introducing the idea to Matel 30-40 years ago they didn't want to sell it as a doll for boys) we have today. Typical movie action hero, completly ripped, 6ft tall chisled jaw and face etc. Why aren't mothers concerned about their sons having issues with image when they're faced with this day to day.

Look at superheroes for instance; Batman, Superman, Most of the male X-Men, etc all have the idea of a perfect male physique, and are expected to have that, but when a female character comes in and she has large breasts or accentuated hips mothers get all in a tizzy. I guess guys just don't worry about it as much, or moms create the situations that inevitably create self-esteem issues with their daughters.

I guess when it comes down to it it really is a more obvious double standard sadly, even though the gap between body image and "ideal" image seems to be the same for both genders.

Strange.

If shes so poor then why can she afford such nice clothes.

[thumbup]

*****es these days...

For fxcks sake.... Thats disgraceful...

Personally I think it's a bunch of bull crap. I'm a teenage guy' date=' I am well able to control myself. The fact that a bunch of full grown "men" are unable to do so, is far-fetched in my opinion. In the case that they couldn't (which I doubt ever actually happened) control themselves, she should have dressed more modestly, honestly it's a matter of common sense. If she can't do her job, it's time for her to go. If she's too greedy to let it go without trying to get some cash out of it, well so be it.

The whole image thing is a really odd subject in my opinion. There is no real "answer" just an agreement that the popular media causes self-consciousness in (mostly, but not completley) women. It's sickening what these girls do to themselves to stay "thin". It's not natural, it's not attractive and it should not be made a joke by some greedy underachiever. However irrelevant this little blip (I'm not calling a paragraph..) is I decided to leave it in.

To be honest, this is sickening. How was it that the other people in this so called secluded branch were able to meet their quotas? Honestly it's just greed.[/color]

While I know there certainly are trumped-up claims of harassment in the workplace, I also have worked with enough men to know that her claims are possibly credible. At every stage in my life - high school, college (a fraternity no less), at parties, at bars, at work - I am amazed at how some men have such derogatory views of women.

That woman is absolutely stunning. If you mixed her with a couple of men who have knuckle-dragger mentalities, what she claims happened indeed could be the outcome.

Yeah, it should not be an issue were we all to be nudists.

But too often appearance and attitude will be a setup for something or another. Different people have different ways of exhibiting this, and in ways for different reasons. Not all females use a "sexy" look to achieve that "Hey, I'm Different and Special" appearance as well as attitude; they find some other way. Males with the same schtick will use stuff ranging from "mr macho" to "wimpy but rebellious" to get the same sort of response. It's just that some "groups" have an advantage under current law if they wanna try for some cash. Even that will vary by venue.

"Hot" has nothing to do with it - that's just the vehicle for some other cargo.

m

Women are envious creatures. I prefer working for me in that regard. I've had male bosses accidentally brush their hands against my tush. That bothers me less than having a female boss screw with my hours because she's not as young or thin.

Again' date=' she could have tried to make herself less attractive. Sad that she'd have to but...[/quote']

I agree with Izzy; I prefer male bosses. most men in the work force are so scared of being sued they are overtly non-sexual to the degree that "political correctness" has run-a-muck. Women can be "catty" and jealous it is horrible. I find offices of mostly women a difficult environment to work in.

All-in-all I think it sounds like to woman in question got let go and is feeling sour grapes and found a sleazy lawyer to sue CitiBank $$$$$$ (cha-ching sounds). I find it hard to believe in today's business environment and a company of that size, they would condone sexual harassment.

-Aimee :-k

Yeah' date=' it should not be an issue were we all to be nudists.

But too often appearance and attitude will be a setup for something or another. Different people have different ways of exhibiting this, and in ways for different reasons. Not all females use a "sexy" look to achieve that "Hey, I'm Different and Special" appearance as well as attitude; they find some other way. Males with the same schtick will use stuff ranging from "mr macho" to "wimpy but rebellious" to get the same sort of response. It's just that some "groups" have an advantage under current law if they wanna try for some cash. Even that will vary by venue.

"Hot" has nothing to do with it - that's just the vehicle for some other cargo.

m

[/quote']

Men don't get fired because of their "looks".

Men don't get fired because of their "looks".

It's cuz we do/say something that gets misconsrued and twisted. Or we just don't do our work. I dunno. I have yet to be fired from any job (knocks on wood).

Before this thread gets locked, I have trouble even being friends w/ female co-workers cuz when I do, they are after something. You know how women can have full conversations w/out saying a word and just look at each other one time and they know right away which ones are trouble? My wife is good about that.

It could definitely be happening men are dogs and some women seem to enjoy that. In one of the divisions I had working for me they did technical drawings and writing of documentation and a few years back Human Resources sent me a young intern to work in the department she was 20 years old 5'9" and absolutely gorgeous she also wore the shortest skirts possible, on most day's she wore outfits that were probably very popular in school as she looked Like a catholic school girl in short plaid skirts and button up dress shirts unfortunately she also had no problem showing her body and she would bend over to get supplies or copy paper and all work in the office of 26 engineers would stop. It even became silent in the large bullpen area as everyone just stared at young Suzie's assets. I spoke to her three times about it and finally I came to a understanding of sorts I told her that the next time I could tell what color her thong underwear were by viewing them openly in the office when she bent over I was going to terminate her. she lasted less than a week before she ended up fired and five reprimands were written to the men that made a point of encouraging it.

she complained and it went absolutely nowhere as they stated in the Human Resource complaint that it was done according to company progressive disciplinary procedure with three warning and it was definitely under her control to prevent it.

Oh for the perv's out there the thong was blue and yellow plaid...

Women can be "catty" and jealous it is horrible. I find offices of mostly women a difficult environment to work in.

-Aimee :)

This may make me sound pretty horrible but try working in a pharmacy as the only male with 15 women. It truly made me believe the "myth" that a group of women that work in close quarters synchronize their cycles.

Archived