Gibson Brands Forums

Are any of you sitting on a "nest-egg" waiting for your next purchase?

onewilyfool

Have any of you been saving up, or sold a few guitars and are sitting on a nest-egg, just WAITING for your next purchase? Even if you sold other guitars because you have too many guitars? AND STILL.....you are thinking of your next purchase???? Will this ever end????!!!!!

Have any of you been saving up' date=' or sold a few guitars and are sitting on a nest-egg, just WAITING for your next purchase? Even if you sold other guitars because you have too many guitars? AND STILL.....you are thinking of your next purchase???? Will this ever end????!!!!![/quote']

Almost..... I was sitting on a couple of Grand for my last purchase. Since it was more than that, I paid part and put the rest on my GC card. GC in SF gave me a year to pay it off without any interest.... I now owe $400 on it... then I start putting about $300/month away for my next purchase.

Will this ever end????!!!!!

Nope... [biggrin]

I've been driving myself crazy with the thought of procuring a "beater" Goodall I can gig with. And this is just weeks after I placed an order for a taylor BTO. In between those fixations, I rue the day I let that J-190 slip away, and try to figure out a way to turn my Rosewood L-4A into a Maple J-185.

After I get THOSE, I just need a Goodall 12-string and a Taylor 9-string and I'll be set!

Sigh...

Nope it nver ends. I try to only keep two instruments in hand, but I sell and upgrade them. Right now I am think if selling a mandolin so I can upgrade to a different one- I need an F hole A model while right now I have two oval hole As.

Have any of you been saving up' date=' or sold a few guitars and are sitting on a nest-egg, just WAITING for your next purchase? Even if you sold other guitars because you have too many guitars? AND STILL.....you are thinking of your next purchase???? Will this ever end????!!!!![/quote']

Yes saving up for an Epiphone AJ-100 Vintage Sunburst here

We have a recession on on this side of the puddle

Ya know, I've got the guitars that I've always wanted! I'm satisfied and don't crave anymore. I can't play but one at the time, so sometimes I feel guilty that I'm not playing one as often as it needs. BUT, I have been kickin' around the idea of selling both my Gibsons and having Bozeman make a "special" order. Just go back to one guitar and play the hell out of it. One "custom built just for me guitar". What do ya think about that?

Ya know' date=' I've got the guitars that I've always wanted! I'm satisfied and don't crave anymore. I can't play but one at the time, so sometimes I feel guilty that I'm not playing one as often as it needs. BUT, I have been kickin' around the idea of selling [u']both[/u] my Gibsons and having Bozeman make a "special" order. Just go back to one guitar and play the hell out of it. One "custom built just for me guitar". What do ya think about that?

My problem with that would be taking your one special guitar to your brother-in-law's where there'll be drunk guys walking about and people smoking....um.... wacky-tebacci, etc.

I need a good "beater", my favorite "player" and one "special" guitar to pass to my grandkids.

Ya know' date=' I've got the guitars that I've always wanted! I'm satisfied and don't crave anymore. I can't play but one at the time, so sometimes I feel guilty that I'm not playing one as often as it needs. BUT, I have been kickin' around the idea of selling [u']both[/u] my Gibsons and having Bozeman make a "special" order. Just go back to one guitar and play the hell out of it. One "custom built just for me guitar". What do ya think about that?

But won't you be loosing money on them? 4 benjamins each probably.[thumbup] You could sell one, but I'll leave that decision to you.....hint hint ... I don't think I'll be selling my SJ TV anytime, it is just the best guitar i've come across in 30 years, with exception to a 1954 SJ played at a festival.

Yeah it hasn't ended for me yet. And I just purchased my Hummingbird Pro. Now I just need to upgrade my Mandolin to a Gibson and I'll be set lol. Probably wont be until the end of the year though. After that I'm sure I'll start wanting a second instrument for mando and guitar, and then I'll be in as much trouble as all of you are in ;)

-Tim

Not quite a nest-egg, but I've got the funding ready for a certain guitar which I'm led to believe will be in stock in the next few weeks. I think I will have to sell the J-30 to off-set the cost though.

But won't you be loosing money on them? 4 benjamins each probably.;) You could sell one' date=' but I'll leave that decision to you.....hint hint ... I don't think I'll be selling my SJ TV anytime, it is just the best guitar i've come across in 30 years, with exception to a 1954 SJ played at a festival.[/quote']

You are so right, BirdDude!!! I just don't think I could ever part with my SJ TV!!! Like you, it's the best guitar I've played in about 30 years also. I sure would love to have a Custom shop order, though. Only in my dreams.......

always upgrading---but if my current guitars have that magic---it keeps away the gas...

I am down to one electric--Don Grosh Retro Classic candy apple red with brazilian rw

and a Gibson CJ-165 RW with a Darkburst/Sunburst top acoustic

...and these two have got me playing and NOT looking for the last couple years (even though the cj is newer she feels like a keeper)

you can always spend more---but at what point --will you begin getting diminishing rewards...

in other words---I don't know how much I would have to spend to find guitars with a better tone---providing that I have finally got the tone I am satisfied---no---tone that I am in love with---

so why go out again and try to outdo perfection?

I've got about a grand stashed away. Aiming for an AJ or an SJ. Should be able to get it by the fall. The only problem is that someone started a thread about Fender strats and a whole bunch of folks started sending in pics of their strats. Don't have a strat and haven't had one for quite a few years. Might have to get one now....lol....We'll see.:)

I'm sitting on what most people would probably consider pocket change but it is a nest egg as far as a highschooler with out a steady job is concerned. Atm I have about $300 and am torn wether I should get something now or keep saving until I can grab something a little nicer.

My AJ sounds so good I don't need another acoustic. I hope to have enough cash by the end of the year for an SG standard and an Eric Johnson Stratocaster. I should be able to swing it if I buy used. Then I'll have most of my bases covered.

In the last few years I made some changes in my collection - sold a couple, bought a couple. But recently, I haven't made a purchase or sold anything since last year. Over my many years of buying, collecting, upgrading, and modding (first purchase: a Stella back in 67), I've had runs where my collection is stable, and it looks like I'm entering a stable period right now, standing at 13 guitars - unless an uncontrollable GAS attack hits. I will admit, I really miss not having a small body acoustic and have been pining over the Blues King. And I've got the loot to pull the trigger - Lord help me. [biggrin]

... it looks like I'm entering a stable period right now... I will admit' date=' I really miss not having a small body acoustic and have been pining over the Blues King. And I've got the loot to pull the trigger - Lord help me.[/quote']

You don't sound very stable. [biggrin]

Archived