Gibson Brands Forums

"flashy" band shirts vs plain ones?

molly_mixxer

What do you guys think of the new band shirts bands are coming out with? The ones that have the print all over the shirt, like these:

all over print

do you think they’re too flashy? Do you prefer the older, simpler designs? Personally I think they’re really cool and they look nice, but I’ve also heard other people say they’re too busy. What do you guys think? Would you wear it?

I like them, the have that "Affliction" appeal.

However, they are expencive per unit when we can get more colors on a smaller print and on more shirts for the price. When it comes time to restock the merch table, I'd rather have more shirts on people's backs at a lower cost passed on to the buyer than less shirts at a higher price. More shirts sold, more advertising for the band.

Well, I wasn't going to say anything but it is "No B.S. Friday"

SPAM!!

Now that we go that out of the way, the t-shirt style is too busy for my taste.

I would not buy one of those t-shirts for the same reason I would not sponge paint a room, too busy and in a year from now too dated.

I own t-shirts that are on the busy side but the print is not all over, meh... not for me.

I like them' date=' the have that "Affliction" appeal.

However, they are expencive per unit when we can get more colors on a smaller print and on more shirts for the price. When it comes time to restock the merch table, I'd rather have more shirts on people's backs at a lower cost passed on to the buyer than less shirts at a higher price. More shirts sold, more advertising for the band.[/quote']

I have to laugh every time I see some tool wearing an affliction shirt that couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag.

Well' date=' I wasn't going to say anything but it is "No B.S. Friday"

SPAM!!

Now that we go that out of the way, the t-shirt style is too busy for my taste.

I would not buy one of those t-shirts for the same reason I would not [i']sponge paint[/i] a room, too busy and in a year from now too dated.

I own t-shirts that are on the busy side but the print is not all over, meh... not for me.

Yes, first post pushing t-shirts.....NEXT!!

I find those new designs a little busy but it works for some of the bands....i like a basic band shirt with the band logo and maybe the name somewheres...i don't wear a lot of band shirts anymore cuz they are mostly black...and black in Toronto summer is no fun.

Archived