Gibson Brands Forums

This forums kinda dead.

dem00n

A lot of the above is spot on the mark.

By 'dead' do you mean there is a lot less argument?

I've just been over on the MLP forum. There's one poor guy who stuck up a totally unoffensive' date=' fairly naive post regarding the relative neck thicknesses to be found on the current range of Les Pauls.

Pretty straightforward, you'd think.

There are a lot of people there who could give him some sound advice.

The replies soon started to flood in. Not in answering his question, however. Taking the mickey out of his sentence construction, spelling and grammar. The English language is clearly not his native tongue. Many of the replies he has received are un-called for and unpleasant.

After the first couple of pages a few of the posters started an in-depth argument of the semantics of some word-usage and this has been going on now for five pages.

I'd be amazed if there are a dozen replies on-topic.

If the price of this forum staying open is discouraging that sort of behaviour here then I, for one, am happier as a consequence.[/quote']

You have a very good point.

I guess this forum is alive! :)

Yeah MLP has a looooooot of asses...that place is so big its easy to stay away from em for the most part....

I like point-counterpoint too but that rarely happens on forums...and there's not always handshakin at the end either...

I don't know Shred.... IMO MLP is a great forum' date=' and the members I have encountered on the public side of it have been great to interact with. I've learned so much on MLP about my Gibson guitars.

If I were to model a guitar forum, it would mirror that of MLP........ I would even keep the cheesy social group option[biggrin'] LOL!!!

I don't know Shred.... IMO MLP is a great forum' date=' and the members I have encountered on the public side of it have been great to interact with. I've learned so much on MLP about my Gibson guitars.

If I were to model a guitar forum, it would mirror that of MLP........ I would even keep the cheesy social group option[biggrin'] LOL!!!

Just too big...you can't police the idiocy there...thats my take on it. Plenty of guys who know their stuff....and they're not afraid to tell you that...or that you are a f'n idiot for not knowing your stuff. :)

for what ever the reason , this is Gibsons' forum . and they have the right to regulate it as the see fit . I think it's better now ,being that's it more civil. Gibson does us a favor by having a forum at all . they don't have to. I think people should try and remember that . No matter what your opinion is , if you treat people with the respect you would like them to give you ... it's all good.

A lot of the above is spot on the mark.

By 'dead' do you mean there is a lot less argument?

I've just been over on the MLP forum. There's one poor guy who stuck up a totally unoffensive' date=' fairly naive post regarding the relative neck thicknesses to be found on the current range of Les Pauls.

Pretty straightforward, you'd think.

There are a lot of people there who could give him some sound advice.

The replies soon started to flood in. Not in answering his question, however. Taking the mickey out of his sentence construction, spelling and grammar. The English language is clearly not his native tongue. Many of the replies he has received are un-called for and unpleasant.

After the first couple of pages a few of the posters started an in-depth argument of the semantics of some word-usage and this has been going on now for five pages.

I'd be amazed if there are a dozen replies on-topic.

If the price of this forum staying open is discouraging that sort of behaviour here then I, for one, am happier as a consequence.[/quote']

How about a spelling and grammar section?

Skool.....Skewlll.....[angry]

Oh yeah!

That place where I went from playing with Matchbox cars to building model cars to smoking off school grounds to lusting after many blossoming young ladies to lusting after one blossomed young lady, then they gave me a piece of paper and a tassel, then I spent another two years drinking while everyone else was talking about auto mechanics, then they gave me another piece of paper and a tassel.

Then I woke up and realized I should have paid attention from 1965-1980.

THAT place....[biggrin]

Even at its slowest most boring moments this is still the first guitar site I hit every day.

I mean have you been to any other guitar forums? If you think its dead here try any of the others ( incl. Fender, Ric, Gretsch)

You can post a question and not get an answer for days if at all!

Archived