Gibson Brands Forums

Post your Strat!

Hthomas

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just making observations.

Of course' date=' if the shoe fits....[/quote']

Was it my being runner up for a Darwin Award; two years in a row?

btw showering and having all of your teeth is overrated.

It's one of the reasons we have a lounge' date=' Neo. There was a time when posting ANYTHING that wasn't Gibson branded was promptly deleted.

Those who were not here in the "old days" tend to take our freedom of posting for granted.[/quote']

Like I said, just curious. Sounds great to me! I think a lounge should be a place where we can kick back and discuss any ol' thing. Welll, nearly. Religion, politics and sex are still against the rules.

It's one of the reasons we have a lounge' date=' Neo. There was a time when posting ANYTHING that wasn't Gibson branded was promptly deleted.

Those who were not here in the "old days" tend to take our freedom of posting for granted.[/quote']

I have said this before...I was banned for having the Fender logo as my avatar.

I took one for the team. lol

Like I said' date=' just curious. Sounds great to me! I think a lounge [i']should[/i] be a place where we can kick back and discuss any ol' thing. Welll, nearly. Religion, politics and sex are still against the rules.

It's one of the primary reasons I still hang out here. If it was still all Gibson all the time, I'm sure my interest would have waned long ago

[thumbup]

Unfortunately, not everyone feels they are bound by silly rules about such topics as are bolded....

I agree with you, Neo... the lounge is exactly where we can discuss non-Gibson topics, and a much needed addition to this Forum!

It's one of the primary reasons I still hang out here. If it was still all Gibson all the time' date=' I'm sure my interest would have waned long ago[/quote']

Same here. I used to hang out on the Les Paul board but how much can you say about Les Pauls? Heck, there's only so much you can say about guitars in general so thank goodness we can discuss guitar related gear, artists, albums and barbecue sauce here.

97 or 98 MIA Fender Lonestar Strat. Slightly modified with Fender Locking Tuners and a Roller Nut.

lonestar_strat.jpg

Plays great, this is my 2nd favorite guitar behind this one

es_347.jpg

1989 Gibson ES-347, sorry I just love showing this one off.

Jimi should have stuck with the Jazzmaster' date=' but switched to the Strat [sad'] .

It is always nice to see the High Priest at the Church of the Sonic guitar rocking something else. Loved his Flying V too.

Jazz Master!! LOL that's rich, he should have stuck with one of the most sonically limited fenders ever produced. That's Lame.

I got yer back FM....

Jazzmaster= unyieldingly thin tone, regardless.

I haver never played a guitar who's tone sucked more than a Jazzmaster. Had a guy try to trade me his '57 Jazzmaster for my much hated and maligned '83 Elite. I tried it out for a week with numerous amps and effects. High, thin, reedy, nails-on-a-chalkboard tone was all it would give.

I had to track the guy down and physically take my Elite back... [biggrin]

You got something to say about the Jazzmaster buddy? [biggrin]

Well, now that you asked. I can't stand Jazzmasters, Music Masters, Duo Sonics, Mustangs, or any of those Gumby Shaped Fenders. Plus they have the worst Tremolos ever.

{edit} Thanks Chan!!

I got yer back FM....

Jazzmaster= unyieldingly thin tone' date=' regardless.

I haver never played a guitar who's tone sucked more than a Jazzmaster. Had a guy try to trade me his '57 Jazzmaster for my much hated and maligned '83 Elite. I tried it out for a week with numerous amps and effects. High, thin, reedy, nails-on-a-chalkboard tone was all it would give.

I had to track the guy down and physically take my Elite back... [angry

I like the tone of those things.

Its hard to get a "great" tone but i know the key for those things. [biggrin]

The strats are there for the purpose of the thread and because I don't have a pic of just them. The Jaguar is there for evol cuz I know he gets bored w/ strats and because I only have a pic of all my Fenders. Also, FirstMeasure, since you are not a fan of Jazzmasters, mustangs...etc, I installed a Red Lace pick up in the bridge just for you. Well, not really. I installed it before joining this forum but there you have it.

Strats: 2001 Am Std with engraved gold plated pick guard from my wife. The other is my pride and greatest joy of all the guitars that have come and gone, my 1989 Strat plus deluxe.

Fenders.jpg

Got the Gilmour electronics in with Vintage Noiseless. Like the DG tone controls but the EMGs were just too hot and lost too much classic Strat tone IMO.

Also, got rid of the offwhite pickguard that came on it for the tortoise. Liking this setup better.

124258191.jpg

Archived