Gibson Brands Forums

Prom!

Larsson

Hey guys,

So tonight is my leaving prom and i am rather excited as i have now finished my compulsary education!

I've got my dads 1989 Turbo Trans Am ready to take me down and just gave it a quick polish up, unfortunatly my dad is away in texas so my mum will have to drive it :S

Im hopeing to have a great time tonight, post your prom experiences and what you liked and disliked about it!

Cheers,

Larsson

Hey guys' date='

So tonight is my leaving prom and i am rather excited as i have now finished my compulsary education!

I've got my dads 1989 Turbo Trans Am ready to take me down and just gave it a quick polish up, unfortunatly my dad is away in texas so my mum will have to drive it :S

Im hopeing to have a great time tonight, post your prom experiences and what you liked and disliked about it!

Cheers,

Larsson[/quote']

Good Luck, Larsson.

Congratz on completing your compulsory stuff!

Didn't go to mine either. No regrets; Though I did read a pretty sad story of humanity when some school in Mississippi tried to ban a girl from taking her girlfriend to the prom, then, when they couldn't ban her due to the whole, constitution and everything the school decided that in no way would gay invade their pure prom, so they organized a fake prom for the gay kids and held a "normal" prom for the rest.

Article 1

Article 2

I hope your prom goes better than hers did.

I had no intention to go to the prom. My mom thought it was a good idea, and a girl I was eyeing said she thought I should go, so I decided to go just for the heck of it. It was just alright. That girl didn't say a word to me the entire night, which was a disappointment, the music that the DJ played sucked a lot (i.e. pop hits of the past decade,) but the venue was really nice and fancy, the food was good and a few of my friends were there, so it wasn't too bad.

I was dating the star of the football team and we went to the senior prom. It was lots of fun, danced a lot, drank a lot. I wasn't crazy about my dress, but got lots of compliments on it. Scott looked really nervous til he got a few drinks in him. When we danced a slow dance tho' he was trembling? That was pretty much it. Got our pictures in the School Annual that year. It was G-rated and fun.

XDemonKnight, maybe she was waiting for you to talk to her?

Was my first prom. Asked out the cutest girl from the next town over. That was a real cool thing to do, date someone from another school, especially a H.O.T. one.

I donned the brown leisure suit and ... I believe the green print shirt. Patent leather shoes, :-& shirt collar out, cuffs rolled up, splash on the Hai Karate, grab the corsage and I'm out. I pick her up. On the way to the festivities, I tooling down a country road with the cutest little gal from one town over when my headlights spy a rabbit going like gang busters down the right side of the road. HE CROSSES! over to the left and continues his journey down the left side where the white line would be but doesn't have a white line, as this is a country road. I give it a little gas to get by him and HE CROSSES BACK OVER TO MY SIDE! ... [blush] he doesn't make it. The cutest gal from one town over is distraught and the evening goes downhill from there.

I think he made 3 trips round my back right wheel well. [angry]

Same here. for 200 bucks PLUS the cost of a tux rental and everything else' date=' I have a lot more that I would rather spend that money on. [/quote']

Parents got to reign these kids in. There is no reason a Prom date should cost more than a C note. Call me old fashioned, but this horse doopy about hiring limos and sitch, and such are just killing Prom for most kids. Maybe they should have an Un-Prom. Schedule a dance all the kids who want to socialize can afford and tell them high falutin' limo renters to take a hike. You could call it a Morp. :-&

Or...

If you want to go, dress as nicely as you can afford and just go.

I've got a prom story!

So this year was my senior prom and I was thinking that I wasn't going to go. My girl friend had dumped me a couple months before the prom and I had been pretty bummed about that. So I didn't ask any one to go with me until it was really late. Every one I asked ended up by busy or something like that.

Needles to say I was even more bummed out. So I talked to my dad about it. Basically what he told me was to go ask the prettiest girl in my school if she would go with me. So I did. AND IT WORKED!! xD

Here's the results. [biggrin]

28405_1387859330489_1052239218_3110.jpg

Don't know what the rest of the girls in your school look like but I'd be hard pressed to believe there are any prettier. Not bad for a string bender. [thumbup]

[blink][-([biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin]

harhar.jpg

Archived