Gibson Brands Forums

Favorite Summer Beer?

heymisterk

It depends on the bar. Some serve draft that tastes like goat piss, but certain bars serve fantastic chilled schooners of liquid gold. I think it has more to do with the equipment, cleanliness, and temp, more than the brand

Some of the smaller producers such as La Choulette, Orval, St. Feuillien, La Trappe as well as the better known ones such as Chimay, Leffe (Blonde et Brun); anything except La Mort Subite...('Sudden Death') To Be Treated With Care!

Some of the smaller producers such as La Choulette' date=' Orval, St. Feuillien, La Trappe as well as the better known ones such as Chimay, Leffe (Blonde et Brun); anything except La Mort Subite...('Sudden Death') To Be Treated With Care!

[/quote']

In my drinking days, my favorite beers were Trappist beers year round. But by favorite Summer beers were light lagers. The Canadians brew some fantastic Summer lagers, and some of the small American craft lagers are great, too.

pippy - Have had more than a few nights stumbling home after drinking Leffe. Blond or Bruin, both are delicious. And I just went to their website. They have two red ales! Wonder if you can get them in the States?

pippy' date=' evol, zigzag, ... you guys are really amazing! Hats off to you! [thumbup']

Thanks! I stand by my statement that Belgians brew the best beers in the world. Need to get back there someday.

btw - how are things over there? I heard there is new tension between the Walloons and the Flemish.

Thanks! I stand by my statement that Belgians brew the best beers in the world. Need to get back there someday.

btw - how are things over there? I heard there is new tension between the Walloons and the Flemish.

Thanks for the compliments evol' date=' ... hmm, I admit I'm a lucky bastard!

And ... indeed, we have some problems to form a new government after elections, due to some quarrels which we are used to ever since the foundation of the royal kingdom Belgium(1830) ... nothing new, nothing exciting to talk about, ... the beers though...! [thumbup

Archived