Gibson Brands Forums

Strings

djroge1

I know I've read and talked about it on this forum a long time ago - before the last 2 crashes anyway.

Where are some places that offer inexpensive strings? I've bought electric strings from JustStrings.com but their elixer acoustics are the same as every one else.

How about it? Where do you buy strings?

Here in the UK I bought 20 sets of D'Addario electric 12 string strings (EXL 150's) for £3.99 ($6.18) a set . . . . this is a MASSIVE bargain as they are usually at least £7.30 a set and in some shops a lot more.

Here's how I did it. I found them online at that price, and the postage PER SET was £4.39 (more than the strings!!). I emailed the seller and said if I bought 20 sets would they reduce the postage to £4.39 for the whole lot of 20. They said if I bought them they would refund the postage for 19 of the sets. So I paid the full amount, then they refunded my card £83.41

This is the best string bargain I've had for a long time. Anyone with an electric XII D'Addario EXL 150 regular light gauge strings are the best!!!

RichCI turned me on to Webstrings. They are good strings at a great price. The more you order, the better deal on shipping you get.

Someone told me tonight that you can now get strings on Guitarfetish.com but I haven't checked it out yet.

Gotta admit either MF or Music 123. No stores with any half decent prices within driving distance.

Music 123 isn't charging postage right now, I don't think, in a promo...

Elixirs on most everything I own except the 8-38 Ernies on the Guild SG type and various on the 12.

m

Guitar Center, I bought the "Limited Edition Tin" from Ernie Ball that has pictures of Slash, Jimmy Page, etc on it. Cost me 30 bucks for 12 sets of strings.... and Slash tone :)

Before that, I bought 12 sets of Dunlop strings for 20 bucks. I have a decent supply [biggrin]

Guitar Center' date=' I bought the "Limited Edition Tin" from Ernie Ball that has pictures of Slash, Jimmy Page, etc on it. Cost me 30 bucks for 12 sets of strings.... and Slash tone [biggrin']

Before that, I bought 12 sets of Dunlop strings for 20 bucks. I have a decent supply :)

Good deals on stings you're getting... I usually look for the three packs of D'addario, I like the colored nubbies... Three pack saves a couple bucks...

Good deals on stings you're getting... I usually look for the three packs of D'addario' date=' I like the colored nubbies... Three pack saves a couple bucks...

[/quote']

Yeah I know, most strings are 5 bucks a pack, I got 24 for 50 bucks , that's like 2 bucks a pack. I shop for almost everything on sale, I am kind of a budget person, its good though.

Archived