Gibson Brands Forums

Guess Who is 70 today?

TommyK

Disagree....respectfully. I think Bugs is THE character...

I just think that they made Bugs way too protected, nothing bad ever really happened to him (except the time he died and was replaced by an even more arrogant one) He picked on Daffy who was the greatest cartoon character in existence.

Daffy was great, but i think Bugs is what helped him get there...Bugs made every other character great when they shared the screen! Bugs' confidence was legendary....thats why nothing bad ever happened to him...he was one step ahead of his nemesis at all times. Part of the reason I love him as a character...

Fair enough though - i'm a huge fan...have a few DVD's but need the rest! #-o

"Ah say, Ah say... what's eatin' you boy?"

Old Foghorn Leghorn was in a class all by himself!

But.... there needs to be a lead in every band, no matter how good the others are. And Bugs gets it.

Actually, I think the makers of Bugs Bunny, et.al. hit it's stride with the first official use of the character called Bugs Bunny. His debut was also a debut for Elmer Fudd. There were previous earlier characters that were developed into these two, but this was what most consider their first debut.

At this point I think the creators of Bugs and Elmer had hit their stride.

I, for one, cannot listen to "The Barber of Seville" without seeing Bugs massaging Elmer's scalp with his tootsies, then making hair grow on that cue ball, followed up by mowing it down with an itty bitty reel mower.

I love Bugs Bunny and all the rest of the characters. I could always do a good Marvin the Martian impression [thumbup]

I don't think he was ever called "Marvin" in ay of the old episodes. They must have come up with that name later for merchandising reasons [-(

I rarely go out on the road for a weekend gig without some Looney Tunes to watch on the bus. Favorite episodes: 1) Where Bugs is the conductor of the opera singer. 2) Hillbilly Hare-when Bugs 'calls' the square dance and 3) Daffy as Robin Hood.

Happy Birthday, old friend.

I rarely go out on the road for a weekend gig without some Looney Tunes to watch on the bus. Favorite episodes: 1) Where Bugs is the conductor of the opera singer. 2) Hillbilly Hare-when Bugs 'calls' the square dance and 3) Daffy as Robin Hood.

Happy Birthday' date=' old friend.[/quote']

"Yikes and away!" [biggrin]

or is it the one where Daffy spins the staff "ho, ha ha, dodge, perry, spin, thrust.....boing" [blink]

Archived