Gibson Brands Forums

Day Job

Buc McMaster

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The foundation for me has been printing and publishing one way or another since 1965. Photography, editing, business side of things and PR have been part of it along with writing about the types of other stuff I do...

m

Just got work at a movie theatre' date=' just a simple job that pay minimum but the way I figure it a j45 is only 413 hours away...... [/quote']

Now that's positive thinking! Making lemonade out of lemons!

I run a branch of DDB, an international advertising agency.

In fact DDB New York was (or maybe still is) Gibsons advertising agency of record.

Being in the ad game is a good excuse to keep a guitar in the office to stimulate those 'creative juices'. In fact we just sold a concept to a client called 'The Blues' where a slow, brooding blues piece will be needed in the sound mix !

Medically Retired Airline pilot.

B767 for work and a NA B25 for fun![crying]

TWA767.jpg

axesnightmare.jpg

Thats me in right seat with the white shirt...hahaha the good old days.....

Now its just noodling for fun and no profit.....O:)

Fascinating thread

I'm a creative director for a tiny advertising agency in Asheville, NC

Here's a recent website we did for Transylvania County, a great vacation destination, especially if you love waterfalls: www.visitwaterfalls.com

Great thread.

I'm a record promoter, more or less. We service major label releases to radio, DJs, and nightclubs and produce concerts here and there.

If anyone out there is in or near Atlantic City the week of August 16th and would like to catch our Summer Sessions concert at the House Of Blues, give me a shout and I'll shoot you a pass.

Summer Sessions

Hello! I am a senior technial editor at the hungarian office of a swedish IT company. I am editing parts catalogues for some major truck brands. Not so funny...Numbers, technical drawings, an such stuff.

Hats off to Buc! This has been, IMHO, one of the best threads in a very long time. As we all have a common interest in Gibson guitars, it's so cool to see the different walks of life that we all trod every day. Some of the surprising ones that stood out for me are:

1. sjl200- pilot (that's just waaaaaay cool!)

2. farmer roy- farmer (hard work! you guys are the salt of the earth)

3. Mr Gibs - physician ( a service to helping others!)

So many interesting folks. Here's to all of ya!!!!

Archived