Gibson Brands Forums

Your type of chick!

olioli

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not in your age group this doesn't happen until the later years

Ain't that the sad sad truth.

I have met a couple 19 year olds who were smart, independant, funny etc. But none in my age group.

What is this a high school thing; chick? Whats that a bird right; most members of the opposite sex would rather be called ladies' date=' women or even the opposite sex. Chick went out years ago.[/quote']

Always thought chick was less offensive than bird but I can't associate the words rock and lady...:-

The reason I know is my wife is one of them!

As a "chick" all of my life, the biggest thing I see girls do is view everything in their relationships like a contest. Example, "If you go out with the boys, then you better get me something nice from the jewelery store, or flowers, or kiss my a$$ a lot", or they withhold sex, use it as a tool. Most women I meet are very jealous. I've always tried to view relationships like a friendship, a partnership, not an adversarial relationship. It seems a lot of women don't view things that way, they view them in a very adversarial way. That never works very well.

The other major thing I see them do is not stand up or think for themselves. A lot of women can't make decisions very well, I'm not sure if it is that they were never shown how as a little girl or what.

Fred61, they are out here, just know what you are looking for and don't settle.

As a "chick" all of my life' date=' the biggest thing I see girls do is view everything in their relationships like a contest. Example, "If you go out with the boys, then you better get me something nice from the jewelery store, or flowers, or kiss my a$$ a lot", or they withhold sex, use it as a tool. Most women I meet are very jealous. I've always tried to view relationships like a friendship, a partnership, not an adversarial relationship. It seems a lot of women don't view things that way, they view them in a very adversarial way. That never works very well.

The other major thing I see them do is not stand up or think for themselves. A lot of women can't make decisions very well, I'm not sure if it is that they were never shown how as a little girl or what.

Fred61, they are out here, just know what you are looking for and don't settle.[/quote']

Glad to know they do exist Aimee, its hard though. I hope to meet more girls like that at college.

All the points your brought up are the biggest pet peeves. I have friends who have girlfriends like that and they are 16!

Good to see there are still romantics out there, I thought the genes did not pass to the newer generations.

You'll find many with the vertues you are looking for however you'll both need your own private space at times...you need the one to be "the one", not a best friend - she will be much much more than that.

Once upon a time there was one but alas 29 years ago I married her.

Keep searching young Fred.

Did she tell you to type that? [biggrin]

Nah, I'm kidding. I know what you mean. All of my friends tell me to get a girlfriend just to get one. I want the connection to be there you know? I want someone I can be with for an hour and have it feel like 5 minutes.

I don't consider myself a romantic.

Interesting thread here guys...Mostly young guys (I turn 60 this year so yeah, you're a bunch of young guys) lamenting about the lack of quality "chicks"...Man, I can remember those days...when the most pressing problem I faced was finding the "right one"....

Here is a boring story you will no doubt ignore..but I digress....My dad was a old cowboy, a man of few words, even more so when he was sober...when I was in my early 30's, divorced for several years...I was dating a lot of "chicks", relationships lasted about 6 months, I would bring the "next best thang" around to"meet the rents" and mom would be all excited thinking I was going to settle down...One Sunday I was visiting mom and dad at their ranch and mom asked; "When are you going to settle down?"...I replied (as you would) "When I find the right one!"...Dad not missing a beat looked me in the eyes and said "Like you're some kind of f#*!ing prize!"......

Cowboy logic is hard to avoid...as I made the 125 mile drive home that night dad's words kept ringing in my head...was he joking? What did he know? He was just a old cowboy, a WWII and Korean War Vet, a retired Marshal and a master horseman...indeed what did he know....

Well, he knew a lot...like you can spend the best years of your life looking the "right one" while over looking one small detail, what makes you a "f#*!ing prize?" You may have already met the right one...and she didn't want anything to do with you....

Maybe if we men spent more time trying to be the right guy, finding the right "chick" wouldn't take so much time..

Well, I took dads advice...been married for 27 years and I'm still trying to be her f#*!ing prize..

Interesting thread here guys...Mostly young guys (I turn 60 this year so yeah' date=' you're a bunch of young guys) lamenting about the lack of quality "chicks"...Man, I can remember those days...when the most pressing problem I faced was finding the "right one"....

Here is a boring story you will no doubt ignore..but I digress....My dad was a old cowboy, a man of few words, even more so when he was sober...when I was in my early 30's, divorced for several years...I was dating a lot of "chicks", relationships lasted about 6 months, I would bring the "next best thang" around to"meet the rents" and mom would be all excited thinking I was going to settle down...One Sunday I was visiting mom and dad at their ranch and mom asked; "When are you going to settle down?"...I replied (as you would) "When I find the right one!"...Dad not missing a beat looked me in the eyes and said "Like you're some kind of f#*!ing prize!"......

Cowboy logic is hard to avoid...as I made the 125 mile drive home that night dad's words kept ringing in my head...was he joking? What did he know? He was just a old cowboy, a WWII and Korean War Vet, a retired Marshal and a master horseman...indeed what did he know....

Well, he knew a lot...like you can spend the best years of your life looking the "right one" while over looking one small detail, what makes you a "f#*!ing prize?" You may have already met the right one...and she didn't want anything to do with you....

Maybe if we men spent more time trying to be the right guy, finding the right "chick" wouldn't take so much time..

Well, I took dads advice...been married for 27 years and I'm still trying to be her f#*!ing prize..[/quote']

Standing ovation for that story Jaxson!

Interesting thread here guys...Mostly young guys (I turn 60 this year so yeah' date=' you're a bunch of young guys) lamenting about the lack of quality "chicks"...Man, I can remember those days...when the most pressing problem I faced was finding the "right one"....

Well, I took dads advice...been married for 27 years and I'm still trying to be her f#*!ing prize..[/quote']

I know exactly what you are saying. I don't think I'm a prize, I just don't want a superficial girl, someone who will accept me.

Archived