Gibson Brands Forums

studio or standard?

dvir

hii guys i about to buy a new les paul, and i have enought money to buy the studio.

my question is: there is a sound difference if there is same pickups on both?.

what is the price difference what am i paying for 2000$ more?

i playing with my band shoud i save money for the standard or buy the studio? and can i preformence with the studio?

thanks guys(:

If you are comparing maple top studio to a standard.. then for the extra money you get binding around the body and neck.

And a different burst pattern.

Some come with 490/498 pickups some come with BB pickups..

You need to read the Gibson web site a bit more (remember to select Gibson USA; if you leave Gibson�s web site as ALL you�ll also get all the Epiphone�s as well)

Remember there is a studio (the fadded/warn series) that don't have maple tops, just mahogany

If you are comparing maple top studio to a standard.. then for the extra money you get binding around the body and neck.

And a different burst pattern.

Some come with 490/498 pickups some come with BB pickups..

You need to read the Gibson web site a bit more (remember to select Gibson USA; if you leave Gibson’s web site as ALL you’ll also get all the Epiphone’s as well)

Remember there is a studio (the fadded/warn series) that don't have maple tops' date=' just mahogany[/quote']

thanks mani will.

Don't you already own a wine red LP Studio as well?

no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! guys my friend and i from the same user name he have a wine red studio and we are in the same band and i want to buy a new guitar and he is recomended on the les paul.

This is my take for what its worth...

if you buy a les paul studio vintage mahogney it has a semi hollow body with BB pro's with no binding, no maple cap...

if you buy the standard with the semi hollow body and BB pros you get the binding (does not affect tone) and the maple cap which make it a bit brighter...The studio is a bit darker to my ears...Both have the same tuners, controls, and switch, bridge ect....you know the price difference.

If I were to buy a standard, it would have to be a older solid body, or a reissue of course. Otherwise i think the studio would serve your purpose..

I have never minded not having a maple top. It does indeed "brighten" it up, but I have always favored to the more mid ranges. If only the studios came with 57's. They are more towards mid range and smooth also. So they just work perfect with a solid mahogany body. Of course that's just my opinion.

You and your friend are cheapskates.

Buy the studio.

I don't know what has gone on, but what's that supposed to mean?

no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! guys my friend and i from the same user name he have a wine red studio and we are in the same band and i want to buy a new guitar and he is recomended on the les paul.

Is this allowed in the forum rules??

A user allowed to share their login ID's?

I would suggest to create your own ID and not steal your friends access

For anyone but a very advanced player the aspects of how the guitars' sound differs is so small - in a 'real-world' setting - as to be practically un-noticeable. There are differences - even between examples of the same model - but those differences can really only be judged in a back-to-back test in a quiet room - not in a 'Live' performance situation. No-one in the audience will notice; nor will they care a rat's fart which model you choose. It's all about the music you make with it.

The guitars will feel different as they are constructed differently. Which do you prefer? We cannot tell you which feels better to you, and that is what really matters. Only you can answer this question.

The Standard/Traditional ranges are generally regarded as being prettier than the Studio range.

Does that matter to you?

Again; only you can answer this question.

In answering these questions you will find you have answered the post for yourself.

Good luck with whichever guitar you buy.

...my only question is is the standard worth it?...

Look; It's really very easy.

Would you be happier with a Standard?

If you answered 'No' then buy the Studio.

If you answered 'Yes' then ask yourself this;

Would the increase in cost be justified by your increase in happiness?

If you answered 'Yes' then buy the Standard.

OK? How difficult was that?

Look; It's really very easy.

Would you be happier with a Standard?

If you answered 'Yes' then ask yourself this;

Would the increase in cost be justified by your increase in happiness?

If you answered 'Yes' then buy the Standard.

OK? How difficult was that?

thanks man. but i thinks i will go with the studio because i care about the sound not about the beauti thanks(:

Archived