Gibson Brands Forums

Buckethead Signature!

The_Sentry

Ha! Now THIS guy....I'd love to see HIS take on what to do with an Epiphone. (Just for oddity's sake on a Sunday!)

And who knows....he might be the guy who spends HIS spare time running the Elitist Sweatshop over in the Orient!!!

And nah, it isn't lost on me he's playing that Gibson....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2tH4TFpB3E&feature=related

(Buckethead feature on MTV)

Buckhead, Chicago 2008

Shreddin'

And imagine getting guitar lessons...in this manner!

I don't know if I would get a Buckethead signature but I'd be interested to see what it could be like.

GC

I dunno. I do know if someone like 'ol Chicken Fingers had a say in those Prophecies, they'd probably have some radical modifications.

And just for fun, another vid...

Oh' date=' I don't know, I always find myself humming and tapping my feet to his noise (not)

Well I agree with the noise part! The thing is to do what he does that well you have to be able to play.....he knows alot of theory but the juvenile antics just don't cut it IMHO.......it gets old really FAST. I really do appreciate is ability...but he just pisses it away instead of playing tasty IMO. Maybe I'm just old!

The guy can certainly play but he's no Zak' date=' Randy, Jimi, Jimmy, or Slash. He just seems too strange to really be taken seriously.[/quote']

Heh. Granted, I didn't think he would be everyone's cup of tea, but it looks like he's got some interesting mods on his guitar. I couldn't tell if he was using a toggle switch, or if it was a button, and he has an additional kill switch in that guitar.

As far as ZW goes....umm....to be fair about this, but hasn't he been descirbed as "Albert Lee on Crack"? He's not exactly known to rest on a note for too long either.

Heh. Granted' date=' I didn't think he would be everyone's cup of tea, but it looks like he's got some interesting mods on his guitar. I couldn't tell if he was using a toggle switch, or if it was a button, and he has an additional kill switch in that guitar.

As far as ZW goes....umm....to be fair about this, but hasn't he been descirbed as "Albert Lee on Crack"? He's not exactly known to rest on a note for too long either.[/quote']

From what I can tell that's a momentary push button switch and he gets some cool effects with it....some of my favorite stuff he does. I think it's cool to see people push the limits...I really do..but part of being a mature musician is the ability to sit back and make someone else sound good(the whole what you don't play is just as important as what you do thing)...and then burn on t your solo etc...etc... . I don't see any of that from him?

If he did get a signiture, it would be made out of dead penguins and dog poop.

Plus you'd have to venture through a labirinth of chicken coops to purchase it!

Did anyone read the interview inthe Sept issue of guitar world with him and G'N'R?

STRANGE MAN!!

If he did get a signiture' date=' it would be made out of dead penguins and dog poop.

Plus you'd have to venture through a labirinth of chicken coops to purchase it!

Did anyone read the interview inthe Sept issue of guitar world with him and G'N'R?

STRANGE MAN!![/quote']

Yeah, definitely strange. But, that's part of his schtick.

And yeah, I think someone like Buckethead, if "consulted" through the mask, would probably have some keen ideas about modifying the Prophecies.

(And just to keep torturing you all...hahaha!!!)

Buckethead doing the Willy Wonka theme...

Buckethead Country gee-tar!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWDX7oIWJao

Buckethead plays the blues!

Slow Buckethead

And jah!!! Buckethead vs. our Favorite Guitarist SLASH ('coz they say so!) in a comparison on GnR's "November Rain"

And last but not least...the funky Bucket!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2cdjRbcKlI&feature=related

I just want to know what growth hormone he rubbed on those gigantic hands and footlong fingers of his.

Dear Lord, If I had his hands, i'd be a millionaire standing waist deep in wolf poop.

A Bucket Sig model would be interesting, and probably fun, but i'm kind of doubtful i'd buy 1.

I suggested a buckhead sig a LOOOOONG time ago.

Basically, it can be a studio with white hardware, finish, dimarzio pickups, 24 fret neck w/bound fingerboard(no inlays), and a killswicth.

His personal guitars, are baritones, so that he doesn't look like a giant.

Also, the man is a genius, he plays a MEAN slap bass, and could compose a tasty jam, not just a back track for a blazing lead like most lead guitarists.

He's a bit off kilter, but way better than overhyped self righteous jerks like zakk wylde, dimebag darrel, and the like.

He's obviously a great technical player but I don't hear any tasty tones or attempts to create tension and grooves...just play as fast as you can crap.......just dosn't do it for me at all.

this song has a lot more feeling to it. its kinda jazz-ish. i really like it a lot!

I suggested a buckhead sig a LOOOOONG time ago.

Basically' date=' it can be a studio with white hardware, finish, dimarzio pickups, 24 fret neck w/bound fingerboard(no inlays), and a killswicth.

His personal guitars, are baritones, so that he doesn't look like a giant.

Also, the man is a genius, he plays a MEAN slap bass, and could compose a tasty jam, not just a back track for a blazing lead like most lead guitarists.

He's a bit off kilter, but way better than overhyped self righteous jerks like zakk wylde, dimebag darrel, and the like.[/quote']

He's just weird enough to sell guitars.

(Besides, he could sell off Epi's whole line!)

Bucket Banjo!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq65bkrC8B0&feature=related

Greasy Bucket Bass!

And, no offense to Larry LaLonde, but BH is one of the few guys I've seen on a guitar that can keep pace with....Les Claypool...

Oh, I know he'd sell 'em off the shelves. Particularly if he can land another song in the next guitar hero or rock band, etc.

Yeah, bass endorsements would be VERY useful.

Flea, McCartney(they make a violin bass, why not snatch the endorsement deal from hofner?), SOMEONE, should be getting a sig bass.

Wow, he plays banjo? Well, **** yes, they should make a sig banjo then, With a killswitch.

Archived