Gibson Brands Forums

When you are asked what you want for Christmas.

Just Strum

I normally tell my wife and kids I don't want anything and then end up with a lot of things I don't want. I get socks and underwear (like the one pair I wore for the last year won't last another 6 to 12 months).

Well this year I am giving them a list, actually giving the list to my wife.

I gave her the site for the pups I want and the speaker, and the soldering station.

But I figured I would add in these two things, just in case she stashed away some cash I wasn't aware of

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ESDTLBNH/

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ESLCVSNH/

I've learned you have to be very specific. This year I am adding the www addresses on to my Christmas list.

If there's one thing I've learned in nearly 58 years of dealing with mothers, girlfriends, female coworkers and wives...no matter what you get, you get because SHE wanted you to have it - especially if you get what you wanted. There is a whole language attached to gift giving and receiving with women. There is always a message, which she thinks you should understand, simply because...and they never, ever tell you what the message is. Best I've ever come up with in response is, "Oh, this gift is so you! I could just see it lying there, and know you had bought it -- for me!" Oh, it helps if you can say this with a single, unshed tear glistening in your eye.

Just add a '59 Les Paul' date=' a Ferrari, and a night with Claudia Schiffer to your Santa list, and it looks like you're all set. Happy Xmas Just Strum.[/quote']

A night with Claudio Sanchez? I'm so there.

*Ahem* I usually say I don't know, because more often than not, I really don't.

I find the item online for a brick and mortar store and and print out the page(s) or point out the item when we are in the store of things I would otherwise buy for myself. A recent example is the "Encyclopedia of Guitar Heroes" I found at a bookstore. Since I am just starting to play again this year and I like a wide variety of music it should be easy. However, I have learned not to expect any particular items. There is always the after Xmas sales.

I didn't have to tell her what I want..........she's already told me i'm getting a

GC gift card.

She wants me to hold it in my wallet until tax time, then add enough to it

to go get a new Ultra II with the Cherry Sunburst Quilt top, and a hardshell

case to go with it.

I don't mind waiting at all, because I have 1 of the coolest wives in the world.

My gf hates lists, if I don't know what she wants by now then I will never know, LOL. My family always made lists, 34 yrs old and my mom still asks for a list, LOL. I usually tell everyone I don't want anything, gf does pretty well, can't complain.

Probably sounds a little corny but, all I want is for everyone to be safe and happy.

On the personal end I would like the 30% of my 401k back that I lost this year. (Yea, like that's gonna happen) LOL

Leicester's idea about the Ferrari doesn't sound too bad either. (If I'm gonna wish it might as well be a big one.)

Ah, I miss Cleveland.

Anyhow, I actually tabbed the Stewart McDonald catalog pages and cirlced the items I wanted with a big black sharpie. You really need to be specific. I make sure that even the part numbers are specified. Although theres nothing wrong with a fresh pair of drawers I'd rather have strap locks or a set of Seymour Duncan 59's.

Ah' date=' I miss Cleveland.

Anyhow, I actually tabbed the Stewart McDonald catalog pages and cirlced the items I wanted with a big black sharpie. You really need to be specific. I make sure that even the part numbers are specified. Although theres nothing wrong with a fresh pair of drawers I'd rather have strap locks or a set of Seymour Duncan 59's.[/quote']

What part of Cleveland?

I lived in Medina and was a Strongsville police officer for about 5 years. Graduated from Brunswick in '88

I was raised right in the heart of Cleveland (W25th and Dennison)

also lived in Bay Village, Rocky River, Olmsted Falls, Parma, North Royalton, Brecksville. When I got married we had a house in Brecksville for four years and then built a house in Aurora and have been here about 17 years.

When did you leave the area?

Hi guys, I always be a fan of Gibson guitars and for a long time never got the money to affort one 'till my girlfriend leave the house:d/ . Then I bought my "first" Gibson les paul standard 2005 after a 1968 les paul professional and then a 1957 fender stratocaster and now,this years for christmas I just bought a 1951 fender nocaster:d/ . so, The real meaning of this story for you, all guitar fans, is to let your woman go and get a good time with your money:-#

Archived