Gibson Brands Forums

So what are you buying yourself for Christmas?

custer

For Christmas this year I am buying myself a Gibson Melody Maker. I am buying it primarly for slide but you can get some real cool tele sounds with it. I also like the 50's style chunky neck it has. When it arrivies I'll post a pic with it next to my much loved Dot and EJ 200CE

Merry Christmas Everybody!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will buy something based on what I get for Christmas

What I think I'm getting for Christmas

Soldering station

These

http://www.stevesmusiccenter.com/DimarzioDP154.html

http://www.stevesmusiccenter.com/DimarzioDP162.html

Some pots

this

http://www.zzounds.com/item--EMICAJ

The Pups and pots will be for the Washburn mod, although I might use the pots to upgrade the Dot. It depends on what pots I get (they are coming from someone that I deal with on another forum).

I bought the rock band tab book so I can gig with my non playing kid.

He's making me a practice cd so I can learn his and my fave tunes and I'll take the micro cube to the xbox setup.. and away we'll go.

I'm also considering another micro cube, used.

I want to pull the electronics.. build a seperate cab for that to use as a headphones only unit.

And then modify the cab and speaker into a cube stack with the other one.

What I'd really like is plastic surgery, three girlfriends, a wildkat, and a band.

But Santa.. well, he can such a jerk, you know?

TWANG

Merry Epimas and Ampy New Year!

I'm getting my Mrs. a years membership at our citys recreation center.

She's getting me a set of Seymour Duncan p'ups (not decided between 59's Pearlys, or Phat Cats yet) for my GLP.

we don't buy for ourselves, because we know each other better than we know ourselves.

Haven't decided until I see them, but I'm either getting a PRS copy or a hollowbody Gibson Les Paul copy. Depends which one is cooler to me in person... Based on pics, I'm leaning PRS... But the hollowbody LP is the same finish as my blue LP Standard was that I sold, and I regretted selling that as soon as it left my garage...

Either way, whichever one I don't buy from the guy now, I'll probably buy for my birthday in January. Somebody's gotta do it, nobody else gets me anything anymore, LOL!

The guy also has a few other fake gibsons, a 175 and a 335, and a fake Gretch falcon. I asked him where he got all these fakes from, apparently he used to have a friend online that had a contact in a few of the Chinese factories, including the quing dao or whatever one that all the Epis come from now. He said he lost contact with the guy a year or so back... I'm thinking the guy got busted in a sting. Wasn't there a big sting on the counterfeit guitars about a year ago? Anyway, the ones he has seem to be of decent quality, so I'm guessing they start life as intended epis and end up falling off the line and into somebody's lunchbox before the headstocks get finished.

My wife got me a couple of Eminence Cannabis Rex speakers for my Vox AD50VT 212 (I had to help her a little though!)

Oh, my are YOU going to be happy! Those Vox Neodymium speakers can be a bit shrill by themselves, no? You will find a tone change (more mellow) with the Rex's after 5-10 hours play, and another much more subtle one out around 40 or 50 hours. Yeah, yeah...speakers don't need break-in. Whatever, you'll find they sound different with time on them no matter whatyacallit. You'll find the Marshall amp settings much more believable, in particular.

Archived