Gibson Brands Forums

What was your present?

Guitar Chico

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

replacement tuners, 57 classic, and 57 classic plus for the dot studio I'm upgrading. And we're doing my family's Christmas this weekend - should pick up a few more parts! I'm hoping for the Bigsby and roller bridge!

BTW, I've had a Boss Blues Driver since around 93 or 94, and that's a great little pedal.

My Epiphone "Present' date='" was my Riviera P-93LE, that I got in November (a birthday and Christmas present to myself).

I must say, it's been everything (and more), that I expected/hoped for. Don't think the "honeymoon" will ever really

be over, for this guitar. Love it!

CB[/quote']

November?! Had to be at least 2 months ago! My retirement nest egg evaporated in late October and demolished my intent to ever buy another object over the price of $100. Had to be October!

November?! Had to be at least 2 months ago! My retirement nest egg evaporated in late October and demolished my intent to ever buy another object over the price of $100. Had to be October!

Actually' date=' you're right...it [i']was[/i] late October (my b-day is Nov 3), and it came

about 5 days prior to that, I think? Anyway...IT was my B-day/Christmas present, to myself.

(Had to have Some Excuse...you know?) LOL!

CB

Nice case' date=' but I don't recall seeing the Dot before - would enjoy another photo out of the case.[/quote']

It is a nice case. I'm gonna do some customizing to make my Dot fit a little better. I've plastered my Dot on here before, but I love show and tell. This is the only pic I have since putting the new knobs on.

GOOD.jpg

Actually' date=' you're right...it [i']was[/i] late October (my b-day is Nov 3), and it came

about 5 days prior to that, I think? Anyway...IT was my B-day/Christmas present, to myself.

(Had to have Some Excuse...you know?) LOL!

CB

It seems like an eternity to me! If you had not said November, I would have guessed August! Time doesn't fly when you aren't having fun.

Recession hit my family a little hard this year, but it's okay. I still appreciate them making the effort to find me something I like. I ended up with a guitar stand, and a book full of sheet music (Uh oh, I haven't read sheet music in about 8 years. I guess it's time to relearn! It's okay, this will give me an opportunity to expand my musical horizons :- )

What else are u doing to dot' date=' i assume the 57's are by gibson![/quote']

Yeah, Gibsons on the 57's. I want to replace the pots and switch, change the pickup rings to creme from black, and put in a new nut, along with the hoped-for Bigsby and roller bridge. Basically taking off all the hardware and getting decent stuff on it. I alredy put on the new tuners, and they made a big difference immediately...

No new Christmas guitars or gear for me, although I did buy a cheap Rogue fretless bass last month.

I got Reason 4 and Logic Express 8, along with a tutorial book for each. I was playing around with Reason, just familiarizing myself with it, and I started thinking about what a great tool it would be for making backing tracks.:-

I got a very fancy (8 pc.) pen set, for writing down my musical thoughts.

A nice pleated shirt, matching cufflinks,button covers,bowtie,and cumberbund for NYE, and in case I ever

get to play a Blues club.

I've started saving for a Blues Custom 30, or an Egnater 1-20 Rebel........not decided which yet

got to play both a few times before the final decision.

New Squire Tele Butterscotch Blonde and a Sandisk Sansa View 8G to play my MP3's on. I ripped Allman Brothers "Beginnings" and loaded it yesterday afternoon. I bought the Fender Custom shop Texas Specials kit to change out the pickups on the Tele. I'll get that done this week, hopefully.

I got some software so I can (finally) get around to dropping my vinyl collection down to digital. Went through The Crusaders first. Man, Larry Carlton kicks A$$! So far, I've copied"

First Crusade

2nd Crusade

Those Southern Knights

Chain Reaction

I knew there were reasons I loved the late 60's and early 70's. These funny flat pieces of mystery vinyl in a colloidal suspension sound great, and if you record in .WAV at the highest possible setting, the CD's still have that old-time record sound and feel (even a couple pops and a little hiss that I left in for verisimilitude.

Archived