Gibson Brands Forums

More pictures of Gear, Come on guys, pitch in!!!!

Svet

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's my amp collection:

Epiphone Blues Custom 30' date=' Fender Bassman, Fender Twin, Fender Vibroverb, Fender Blues Deluxe and a Carr Mercury.... Post em!! Please!?!?

[img']http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x263/svetkt88/Guitars/amps.jpg?t=1235342664[/img]

Wow...you are well endowed! I thought the guitar collection was something else too. No batteries for the camera right now...but I wanted to ask-is a particular amp a favorite? I'm wondering how you rate your BC 30 with all of that other goodness. I'm a big BC 30 supporter.

Wow...you are well endowed! I thought the guitar collection was something else too. No batteries for the camera right now...but I wanted to ask-is a particular amp a favorite? I'm wondering how you rate your BC 30 with all of that other goodness. I'm a big BC 30 supporter.

Get some rechargeable batteries my good man! I guess the Fender Twin is my favorite because I don't need any pedals with it and it sounds awesome! The Blues Custom 30 is a great amp and for the price it really is a bargain! I love all of my amps and whichever one I am using becomes my favorite at that time! lol. But for all around purposes the Twin is the easiest to use. CB' date=' send those ladies over! Wow! Hi Brian, hey, I've been giving you guys a chance to catch up, come March it will have been a full year since I bought any new guitars and longer for amps! Twang, thanks for drooling now chop chop, lets see some pics!! :-

This is what I'm doing tonight

[img']http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x263/svetkt88/Guitars/lesters.jpg?t=1235354665[/img]

This is what I'm doing tonight

Sorry Svet, you'd have to go to England, for 2 of them (top "Peta (Pee tah) Todd," and bottom "Keeley Hazell"), or to China

for the middle one ("Gong Li"). But they sure are luscious!!! One and all! Gong Li is China's Meryl Streep, too, as actresses

go. So, I just "look," then go play "The Blues!" LOL!

CB

Ah..."black" guitars! What is it, about "black guitars?" Doesn't everyone own one, or has owned one, in the past?

At 18, My first Les Paul (Gibson Custom) was black, and my first Rickenbacker 12 string (a year later) was "Jetglow"(black), as well.

Now, out of all my guitars, the only black ones are my Gibson "Lucille," my Rickenbacker 320, and an old early 80's Japanese Fender Strat. That could change, though. Just something about them, huh?

Oops, forgot about my black Gibson Les Paul Junior Lite! :>b

DSC_0011-1.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0013-1.jpg

CB

I think you'll find i will stand by my words as i believe a guitars personality also comes through colour and darker coloured guitars don't cut it for me. A guitar is a friend and you dont want a good friend to be dull do you.

say what im saying gibberish its my personal opinion don't be pedantic about it.

Wrighty2012

I think not.

You can't make a definite statement such as, "a guitar needs personality so ebony guitars dont [sic] suit..." and then hide behind the trusty old "but that's just my opinion" defense.

Besides, just because it's your opinion doesn't absolve it from being gibberish. Nor am I a pedant for pointing that fact out...

What the heck? You're right. Black guitars lack personality. They're a bit "dull." Guess some players must really struggle to connect with their instruments of this color:

gikmourmeet.jpg

909676330_823996c49b.jpg?v=1211561478

T054625A.jpg

I tend to think the hands of the guitarist are what gives a guitar it's personality. Sure some guitars have Mojo because they were built on the magic slab and the planets were all aligned but the magic is in the soul of the player. My oldest and dearest guitar is my Blackie. A black American Strat Plus with an Ebony FB that was built in the late 80's. It is my first real guitar and while it isn't the most expensive, ornate and collectable, it is black, beautiful and my baby. It's the one I will never, ever sell.

Svet

stratfront.jpg?t=1235427398

Hey Charlie, what kind of tailpiece is that on your Les Paul Junior? It looks like something I might be intersted on putting on my Genesis restoration.

BTW, I have no black guitars, but I will have when the Geni is done; it's going back to it's original inky skin.

Archived