Gibson Brands Forums

My Epi Les Paul Classic

w1av

Here are a few pictures of the nice guitar I picked up yesterday in Providence:

lespaul009.jpg

lespaul008.jpg

lespaul010.jpg

This guitar was made in 2006 in China. I plan to replace pickups soon. W1AV

Cranston huh? I'm over here in Westerly. She's a looker in a very Slash-ey sort of way. Pictured below is my 2004 Classic that I absolutely LOVE!!! We got a few Classic owners in here now, real nice guitar...hows she play? Sound?

Edit: w1aw your callsign? You may have talked to my dad, his is kc1wp, I always fart around on pirate bands, my "call" is 442. Got an older 2510 i use.

I jammed tonight with girlfriend and a few other music friends up in North Providence. I took the Epi Classic with me and I got many comments on how good it sounds. I just used a small Fender Frontman amp with an effects processor for some reverb. The guitar is absolutely perfect in all ways. Every little detail is fine. The tone is very close to what I like. But I am putting in a set of GFS Vintage 59 pups. I am gonna order them this weekend. The finish is real nice. I never cared much for tobacco sunburst....till I saw this guitar!

And yes, Matiac, I am a HAM as well as a musician! I am not active as much as I was a few years ago. Hey I used to have a 2510 waaaay back in early 90's.....used to talk to the world on that thing from my car! I also lived on School St. in Westerly in 2004-2006. I lived in that little nice brick ranch across from the elderly apartments. I loved it there...the beach just a few minutes away. Thats a nice pair of geetars....The Strat and the Les Paul...NICE! I might post some pics of my other guitars here.

I also like to play around with digital camera using Photoshop. I normally run all the pictures I take thru Photoshop when I download them off camera. The I pick the ones I like and mess with 'em. The picture below was manipulated with photoshop:

lespaul001.jpg

Congrats on the Classic!!!! Mine arrives Tuesday 10 Mar!

LOVE Photoshopped pictures, especially if used to make

a politically incorrect statement or just plain funny! Takes

real skill and imagination!

Mine:

classic1.jpg

Some Photoshopped/funny:

joxicle-popsicle.jpg

barbeque.jpg

forgottotightenbolts.jpg

Hahahaha....ok then I guess it is fair I post just ONE funny Photoshop picture I made:

sharkattack.jpg

I was swimming at the town beach in Westerly, RI when a VICIOUS PACK of SHARKS started annoying me.....

Here is a picture of some of the guitars I have been using to record with, back to front:

Vinci Strat copy...very nice clean sound. Epiphone LP Classic....the guitar I just got, Fender Squier Telecaster....used on alot of recordings....and Washburn Oscar Schmidt Delta King....with Vintage '59 pups....

guitardetails002.jpg

My Epi LP Classic GOING INTO THE SHOP tomorrow for MAJOR UPGRADES. Replacement pups, I decided to go with the GFS Vintage 59's CHROME of course! And COMPLETE electronics makeover........Will post pic of guitar in a few days......

Archived