Gibson Brands Forums

What happened?

AS90

This sorta thing happens here every 30 days or so.....

To cure your Jones during these blips, you can always visit the Epiwiki forum..... And just don't sign up and not post anything..... Man that annoys me for some reason.=D>

To cure your Jones during these blips' date=' you can always visit the Epiwiki forum..... And just don't sign up and not post anything..... Man that annoys me for some reason.=D> [/quote']That and I delete all the no-post users about once a month since 97% of them are spam, anyway.

To cure your Jones during these blips' date=' you can always visit the Epiwiki forum..... And just don't sign up and not post anything..... Man that annoys me for some reason.=D> [/quote']

Thank you Duane, my sentiments exactly! We appreciate being able to come here when we're having problems as inevitably happens to all forums from time to time.

After all we have the same interests and as I see it, we compliment each other.

Digger

P.S. Posted this before I saw that Roswell had replied.

That and I delete all the no-post users about once a month since 97% of them are spam' date=' anyway.[/quote']

Aha! That's why I had to create a new account yesterday. I thought I was having a senior moment!

Aha! That's why I had to create a new account yesterday. I thought I was having a senior moment!

Hi Brian,

We seem to get a lot of accounts opened (EpiWiki) and no posts. Frequently when I check the membership list I find that an advertising link has all of a sudden been attached. I investigate the link and if it is not guitar related then the account is deregistered. As Roswell said we have a clean out periodically but only members who haven't ever posted.

The reason is as above to remove sleeper accounts some of which have been found to have viruses within their links.....sorry if you were collateral damage mate.

Apologies to the forum for rabbiting on about business from over the road but I thought an explanation was due Brian and any others that may have had the same experience.

Digger

Yea, sorry about that. Unfortunately at a time we had just shy of 200 members who hadn't ever posted and in same cases it's very hard to distinguish spam users with legitimate users, therefore I usually just play it safe. I used to send out an email to the members I was deleting, but most of the spam ones just ended up bouncing back to me (cleaning a few hundred emails out of your inbox isn't terribly enjoyable).

No problem at all, I'm with you on the spam issue 100%. Anyway, you know who I am now and I promise to check in once in awhile at least. I've just been reading through Spud's Project 6 thread and I must say I am very impressed. It makes My Genesis rebuild look like a day at the beach. I think I need a belt sander...

Archived