Gibson Brands Forums

Fake ES-335?

The_Buffalo

I was in a music store the other day (an authorized Epiphone dealer) & saw an Epiphone ES-335 Block limited edition. Has anyone else seen any Epiphone Blocks' date=' or is this a fake?[/quote']

No, not a fake; I saw one yesterday at Long & McQuade, Canada's largest music store chain, and Canada's primary source of Gibson products. I had to look twice to make sure I was reading the tag correctly, but it was an Epiphone 335 with block inlays in Vintage Sunburst.

Cheers

I was in a music store the other day (an authorized Epiphone dealer) & saw an Epiphone ES-335 Block limited edition. Has anyone else seen any Epiphone Blocks' date=' or is this a fake?[/quote']

Legit. It was a limited edition model called the Dot Super. This is actually a reissue of the 1962-1964 ES-335 which had block inlays and a stop tailpiece. Here's a 1964 ES-335:

64_es335_1.jpg

When I started getting into guitars in 1965, the ES-335 had block inlays and a trapeze tailpiece. The general consensus was that the pre-1962 models with the dot necks (that's what we used to call them) were superior instruments. Around 1981, the ES-335 was replaced by the ES-335 Dot reissue. Here's a fact sheet for a 1977 ES-335:

es-335specsheet.jpg

• 10 months later...

this guitar is from a limited run in 2009...I just got one from my local dealer. They are pretty rare. (at least in canada)

they told me there were about 4 left in canada. I guess 4 now are still available. The limited run was

dedicated to the gibson es335

Broke down & bought one in July. Have posted pictures on other posts in this forum. Fake or not, it's a really nice guitar.

Except the € fell off...

Great looking guitar Buff, HNGD.

Comparing yours with the one TehBeast posted, they look pretty identical to me except the positioning of the 3-way switch, which could simply be the angle of the camera. Going on looks alone, I'd say it's a reasonable bet it's genuine.

Enjoy !!!

Almost a year old thread...but I have seen them in a number of long and mcquades in canada.

haha at my local long & mcquade (where I got my guitar) they sell all these nice guitars like theyre nothing. I saw a tom morgan les paul there,

it was on sale LOL

Archived