Gibson Brands Forums

Favourite Guitar piece on Youtube

irishdazzler

Hey Guys,

maybe not the right area for this but I love watching guitarists play (as well as playing myself) so I just wondered what is your favourite guitar video on the ole 'tube?

Mine changes, but today its B.B King and Gary Moore with The thrill is gone

Its a great song, really quite simple and allows a lot of room for personality in how you play it

watch it here:

Otherwise I love this electro acoustic effort by John Butler. It just takes you on this massive journey and its just so hard to believe its just one man and a guitar

watch its here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VAkOhXIsI0

Hi Irishdazzler

here are two of my many many favourites.......(by the way guys if you want to insert a youtube link use the BB button top right when you are replying, just set your link in between the two pieces of code with cut and paste...)

I, every year, go to the Stockholm Jazz Festival, and this year, I had just been blown away by Booker T Jones, from his "Potato Hole" album set, when we went to a side stage, and saw this guy....... perform this, live.....not guitar, but Ukelele......I kid you not....me and my friend Paul, thought for musicianship, the set we seen from this guy, was the highlight of the festival....He beats the "thing" as well, sort of like Richie Havens meets John Williams, that's how I would sum this guys style,...if you get a chance to see him live, take it...

Jake Shimabukuro

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Then there is this, which sums up all us old B******* who lost too many brain cells on acid, weed, and alcohol in the 60's and 70's

this is fun, and damned good playing......"Hey Baby.." (my favourite cell destroyer at the time, but by Hendrix of course)

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Hope you enjoy the clips

Here are two that I go back to time after time ...

I never felt that Mark Farner got the recognition he deserved. Grand Funk Railroad was a HUGE stadium band back in the 70's. The just had the unbelieveably raw sound and a volume level that causes a low-level hum in my hearing to this very day. Here's Mark and his taped-up Messenger and the original three man line-up:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Secondly, for classic, rockabilly twang (with maybe a pinch of SRV thrown in), it's hard to beat The Paladins. Here's a fantastic live recording of one of theur best tunes:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Jim

Two more of my favourites

First on is T Bone Walker playing a Gibson Jazz Box with three P-90's (I am going to have to try a set of Mean 90's, in my Emperor) , I also love the very unique playing style

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Second clip is John Lee Hooker playing my dream guitar a 1960 Epiphone Zephyr.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYrVwGxlcFA[/YOUTUBE]

• 1 month later...
Cant seem to stop watching these two vids' date=' Freddie King the legend and Seasick Steve, both great tunes...but i reckon Freddies' Gibson cost bit more than Seasicks' 3 stringed wonder lol..but still sounds damn good to me...[/quote']

have to agree - seasick steve is awesome!! simple and raw!

Archived