Gibson Brands Forums

NGD!

Fantana

My Firebird Studio turned up this morning and it's gorgeous! A quick change of strings and clean up, and a few adjustments of the bridge and she's spot on. The Steinberger tuners are simply the best things I have ever used [blush]

I've also moved the strap button to the back on the guitar, it's definitely helped combat the nosedive!

I've already started thinking about upgrades for her, obviously new pots/wiring etc but I'm a P90 fanatic so it's probably going to be a set of P94's....................

IMG_8542.jpg

IMG_8546.jpg

IMG_8549.jpg

IMG_8550.jpg

IMG_8551.jpg

IMG_8549.jpg

Fantana' date=' excuse me while I 'jack your thread for a moment.

Wouldn't a Junior look great with that finish? I think so. I know that Agile has the 201 and the 2300 Jr. that has the look, but Epi should definitley do this with the Junior instead of offering only a poly finish.

That would be so beautiful.

Sheila

[i']Back to your regularly scheduled program.[/i]

Prolly because it would look so close to the current Gibson LP Jr. that no one would want to pay $839 for one.

I expect that happens a lot when Epi brings out a really great copy of a classic Gibby.

And I bet it's one of the reasons you can't buy the Epi '57 Reissues anymore...

GibsonLPJunior.jpg

GibsonLPJuniorbody.jpg

PS: Congrats on the new 'bird Fanatana!

Prolly because it would look so close to the current Gibson LP Jr. that no one would want to pay $839 for one.

I expect that happens a lot when Epi brings out a really great copy of a classic Gibby.

GibsonLPJunior.jpg

GibsonLPJuniorbody.jpg

SEE?!! I knew it would look great! Thanks for sharing that. Didn't know it existed.

Sheila

GibsonLPJunior.jpg

GibsonLPJuniorbody.jpg

PS: Congrats on the new 'bird Fanatana!

I was just discussing this the other day with someone and they said that was why the Epi's are no longer in production. IDK where he got the info but I believe it. I would put my 57 reissue up against any gibby lp jr. any day. Brian I think you and I are the only members on here with a 57' reissue. I don't recall any others.

BTW congrats Fantana! That Firebird is a beautiful guitar!

Don't think I've ever seen those Steinberger tuners before...unusual and unique! [thumbup]

They suck. You don't want 'em. I had a sunburst FB Sudio that had 'em. They won't hold certain gauge strings. Made me so mad I got rid of it, but that was my only complaint about it, it sounded and felt great.

HNGD, by the way. Change them tuners!!!

They suck. You don't want 'em. I had a sunburst FB Sudio that had 'em. They won't hold certain gauge strings. Made me so mad I got rid of it, but that was my only complaint about it, it sounded and felt great.

I've now been playing the guitar almost non-stop for the last day and I've had no issues with the tuners. I use Ernie Ball 0.10's and they've neither slipped or gone too far out of tune. The 40:1 ratio is so accurate it's almost unbelievable and they are just so smooth in operation. Oh and I almost forgot, it took me less than 5 mins to fit the new set of strings, it's THAT easy!!

But I suppose everyone has their preferences [thumbup]

I've now been playing the guitar almost non-stop for the last day and I've had no issues with the tuners. I use Ernie Ball 0.10's and they've neither slipped or gone too far out of tune. The 40:1 ratio is so accurate it's almost unbelievable and they are just so smooth in operation. Oh and I almost forgot' date=' it took me less than 5 mins to fit the new set of strings, it's THAT easy!!

But I suppose everyone has their preferences :-k

[/quote']

The issue I have with them is they wont hold any guage strings above .10s. I usually use .13s, but I couldnt get them to hold. Those tuners also hold niether .12s or .11s. The tuning acuracy is just about unmatched, but if I have to play on cheese wires what good are they? And Stew-Mac claims them to have 10mm holes. They don't. I couldn't find a suitable replacement. Bye-bye 'Birdie. I did get my LPC for it, so eveything turned out OK. (I still want a Firebird though...)

I was just discussing this the other day with someone and they said that was why the Epi's are no longer in production. IDK where he got the info but I believe it. I would put my 57 reissue up against any gibby lp jr. any day. Brian I think you and I are the only members on here with a 57' reissue. I don't recall any others.

BTW congrats Fantana! That Firebird is a beautiful guitar!

Really? I would have thought there would be more than just us. Anyways' date=' what a great sleeper, here it is (again):

[img']http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt163/brianehuff/Twins.jpg[/img]

(Sorry to jack your thread again Fantana...)

Archived