Gibson Brands Forums

FIRST LES PAUL QUESTION - WOULD YOU???

buchananblues

I have found a traditional Les Paul / gold top at my local GC (hour and a half away), I played it and it is awesome, EXCEPT, at the 3rd fret on the back side of the neck, there are two very small (about a 16th of an inch in diameter and less than that deep, approx. 1/32) indentations, it looks like they were that way from the factory, because the heavy nitro covers them, I pointed them out the sales guy and asked for 10% off because of them. He said they could do that. My question to all you LP pros is: Would you accept the 10% off and buy the LP?

Thanks.

in search of my first LP.

yes 10% of 3000$ is 300$ off"not a big deal

Traditionals are around the $2,000 - $2,200 mark.

Even still, two small dents underneath the nitro? I'd take it.

Unless you're the type of guy that will only look at those dents every time you pick up the guitar.

Q: Did/have you play any other Traditionals?

I'd do it. I have guitars with some small dings on the back of the neck that aren't covered by lacquer and I don't notice them at all when I play. The guitar is going to get blemishes over time anyway so you might as well save a few bucks if you really like it.

I told them to hold it for me until tommorrow (friday) so I could make the trip again - on my off day. The small blemishes are the only issues, otherwise, the traditional is a really very nice LP. It has excellent weight to it as well. I did play 2 other LP's but they were customs, way out of my price range. But if I had 5k, the customs would have it.

Archived