Gibson Brands Forums

Vox Night Train?!

Larsson

Hey guys,

so was looking around at amps today and came across a Vox Night Train, damn that thing looks cool!

15 watts, with a switchable 7.5 watts i believe, and a simple eq gain and volume knobs.

sounds great from videos ive watched, almost tempting to get one for my room :P

any of you guys own one? or played one before?

drop your thoughts of the amp here below personally i think it looks and sounds great from wht ive seen!

Cheers,

Larsson

I used to own one and the bright channel is just great. The only draw back I had was if I turned the gain or volume past 12 O clock the darn thing got extremely noisy. I went thru 2 of them and had the same issue. I needed a small amp for a few small jam sessions so I went for the Orange Tiny Terror. If you can find one without the noise issue go for it. For those of you wondering, We tried changing tubes on both NT's with no success. Anyway I hope you find a good one the TT cannot come close to the NT when playing clean or low gain on the NT's bright channel.

Rewd.

If you are looking for a very versatile amp: The Night Train is a beast. I have played through the Transatlantic (Mesa) and didn't like it hardly at all. The Night Train (although I don't own one) fills a lot of gaps, and can cover a very wide spectrum of sounds. I personally like playing on thick, but I think the Bright Channel is outstanding. I would have to play through the lilnighttrain, but I love the AC4. I plan on purchasing one very soon

Turns out, I am more of a Fender guy... but no little amp comes close to the AC4 in that price range for me though, I get a very nice dirty tone through that.

The Tiny Terror was of peak interest to me, still is, but I would say go with the Night Train for your purposes [biggrin]

And, as always, I am endlessly jealous. [thumbup][flapper]

Thanks man! I had always wanted one and I came upon a really good deal so I couldn't turn it down. The tone is sweet! It actually gets a pretty gnarly overdrive sound too. Just listen to "Bodysnatchers" by Radiohead and that's what it sounds like all cranked up. (I rarely play that dirty)

Archived