Gibson Brands Forums

Submitted For Your Approval

Rocky4

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for posting. I am not surprised at the mass amount of rotten fruit in response. You either get it or you don't.

What a killer band. At the Drive In was the real deal, on par with the great bands of the late sixties: MC5, Stooges, etc. Relationship of Command is one of my favorite albums. Sad the way they ended. This performance was their last gig. They played a couple songs and then got on the audience for moshing and trying to cram up front. When the audience didn't yield, they left and that was it. Some girl died later during Limp Biscuits'(sp?) set from asphyxiation. Good times.

The bits of Mars Volta I have heard are great too. I will say that I liked ATDI more because the other guitarist, Jim Ward, acted as a great anchor and control on Omar Rodriguez.

I saw them shirtless playing sweet child o' mine.

So is the second verse

She's got eyes of the bluest skies

And if they thought of rain

or

As if they thought of rain

or

As if they bottled rain

I got to see them at The Agora in Cleveland about 10 years ago or so. They put on a really great live show. As for the two bands that came from At The Drive-In, I dig 'em both. I like Sparta better than the newer Mars Volta stuff.

I got to see them at The Agora in Cleveland about 10 years ago or so. They put on a really great live show. As for the two bands that came from At The Drive-In, I dig 'em both. I like Sparta better than the newer Mars Volta stuff.

Cool sound, you either get it or you don't.

I liked it, I do prefer Mars Volta though

I like some of his stuff but i really like the "mostly acoustic" album he did with John Frusciante....killer grooves!

A coworker sent me a link to the album, but I lost it. Did want to give it some time being that both guitarists are high on my list of favorites.

I'm pretty open minded to all kinds of music and try not to be too judgemental about music and art as I would like people to be with mine.

I like noise bands like Fudge Tunnel and was into FEAR, The Dead Boys and Black Flag but I just cannot get into "that" whatever it was.

It sounded like a visit to my local Guitar Center.

It's like beatnik poetry shouted over a bunch of feedback, sloppy instrument noise and drums.

LOL - I guess I'm getting too old. I'm now one of "Them". [scared]

Archived