Gibson Brands Forums

Submitted For Your Approval

Rocky4

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sorry not all music can be sanitized and safe.

This must be what they mean by freaking on the squares.

Sure are a lot of squares around here.

Can I post some pop blues or classical guitar ballads for you?

Thats not unsanatized music, thats not music. Period.

If everything sounded the same, then that's what it would be. No branching out. I can't say I loved every minute, but there were a lot of aspects I liked. Those aspects might inspire me to use that in some of my own music and expand and advance it.

I'm glad that there are still people willing to push the boundaries of what's sane or tasteful.

Very True.

Then there is also crap that disguises itself as "art", "innovation" and "pushing the boundaries" and those that will defend it at all costs just to thunb their collective noses at the "squares".

LOL - anyway, I've been there, back before metal was "kool" and on the radio I had to defend it all the time. Enjoy!

I just like to bust on people who have "Kick Me" signs on their backs.

Actually, the term "freak" is kind of complimentary to somebody like me who really was out there exploring the edges of acceptable conduct.

Wave on...

mugshot.jpg

Now that I know where you're from, I can't understand your taste in tunes. I bet you were in a couple of Garage Bands in your area. I have been told that couple of my tunes have that sound and they didn't know I was from Detroit.

Now that I know where you're from, I can't understand your taste in tunes. I bet you were in a couple of Garage Bands in your area. I have been told that couple of my tunes have that sound and they didn't know I was from Detroit.

Thanks. Growing up on the East side of the state you become aware of the sounds that came out of Detroit - the Stooges, MC5, Death, Mitch Rider and the Detroit Wheels, etc. They all had that explosive passion in their music. Live shows were YOU CAME TO SEE A SHOW AND YOU ARE GOING TO GET ONE. I feel that same vibe in ATDI.

And it's my mantra at every performance I do.

Evol, apologies for the typo in my post. I meant to say "Now that I know where you're from, I can understand your taste in tunes. It sounds like you knew what I was saying. [thumbup]

I think growing up in the Detroit area allows for attitude that contributes to the of music from the guys you mention. Although I wouldn't put Mitch Ryder in that category.

Thanks. Growing up on the East side of the state you become aware of the sounds that came out of Detroit - the Stooges, MC5, Death, Mitch Rider and the Detroit Wheels, etc. They all had that explosive passion in their music. Live shows were YOU CAME TO SEE A SHOW AND YOU ARE GOING TO GET ONE. I feel that same vibe in ATDI.

And it's my mantra at every performance I do.

Im from detroit as well, and familiar with all those bands too. ATDI doesnt compare.

I got to see them at The Agora in Cleveland about 10 years ago or so. They put on a really great live show. As for the two bands that came from At The Drive-In, I dig 'em both. I like Sparta better than the newer Mars Volta stuff.

I am a fan of At the Drive in, I feel like they as well as the countered Mars Volta, and Sparta, are examples of not playing within the mold of modern music.

but i agree i am a bigger fan of Sparta then the Mars Volta. but i enjoy both and hope that there could be a ATDI reunion!

have you seen This??

Archived