Gibson Brands Forums

Most boreing places in the world?

dem00n

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey, if you ever saw the movie "Jeremiah Johnson," the creek was named after the original woman that the real "Liver Eatin' Johnson" met.

What they left out of the movie was that "Liver Eatin'" got his nickname because after killing a Crow warrior sent by the tribe to kill him, he'd eat the liver. Raw. After a while he and the Crow made peace and he went against the Sioux with 'em. Claimed Sioux liver wasn't worth eating. Don't think he ever ate Cheyenne.

There actually are some decent saloons around the Crazy Woman area even today, although since Wyoming made smoking in saloons illegal I quit going. On various festival days they can be a bit of fun.

Honestly, I'm convinced "boring" is strictly in your head. I've found any place can be interesting if you look for it - even if there aren't any folks around. Just zen-out and "feel" the place. No place is exactly the same from moment to moment, either, if you pause to feel it.

Eastern Montana? Hey, there's a cowboy poetry, music and art show coming up Sunday, Oct. 3, at Alzada in the Community Hall. That's far southeast Montana. Alzada's in Carter County on U.S. Highway 212 and isn't even an official town. Usta be "Stoneville" and there was a pretty nasty gun battle between honest cowboys and rustlers in the open range days.

It's to raise funds for insurance and utilities. No indoor plumbing but what the heck, the ranch ladies come up with some incredible home-made pies and the cowboy stuff is the real deal except probably for one small town guy who usta help relatives put up hay summers. I happen to love the country except when the blue whistlers blow. Even then it has a beauty not unlike that of the sea in ways, and the people are very special.

BTW, Charlie Russell's "western" art seems to have unbelievable colors, even in the landscape itself. Nope, not in Montana. It's for real.

m

I think western Kansas would give anywhere a run for its money.

Not during Deer season!

I'd have to say Guantanamo Bay Naval Base, other than scuba diving the only thing to do is watch the Iguana's try to catch a dog or cat. Thats pretty interesting when they actually catch one!

Boring is a negative state of mind.

I feel you have to make the most out of every situation no matter where you are.

It's the attitude you have while you're there.

If you're bored, find something to do.

Something to throw you life into that is productive and beneficial.

Try gardening.

If you don't think you can do that, build something, take on a project, start a new relationship.

Boring... yawn.

Sorry guys but if you lived in Baton Rouge in the early 80's you'd name it, hands down. One mall. The LSU campus was surrounded by poverty housing. I got my bike stolen, and the next day I saw a kid with it who had "modified" it and was riding it like it was December 25th. My dad owned apartment buildings there, so we had no choice but to live there for a year or so, until we moved to a nice neighborhood. But there was nothing else in Baton Rouge. The suburban (duh!)rural area was real nice, but that was it.... [unsure]

I was a teenager in Southeast Baton Rouge, in the early 80's. The Woodlawn area, to be specific. We never had any problem finding things to do.

I could grab a shotgun or rifle, jump on my bicycle, and go hunting during the hunting season. Imagine a 14 year old kid riding a bicycle down the boulevard today, carrying a shotgun and enough ammo for the hunting trip and a lot of fun shooting after.

We could always get our hands on some adult beverages, and other things that teenagers consumed in those days. The local construction sites didn't freak out when we used their commercial lots as BMX tracks between clearing and construction. We used the slabs as skateboard parks.

There was Forest Park on the weekends, which was always packed full of partying teenagers. Just had to keep an eye out for the cops and clean up after ourselves. Sometimes the police patrolled on horseback, so they could sneak up on us easier.

Gun shows were really cool back then. Concerts at the Centroplex and the Assembly Center. Don't forget the big outdoor shows at the State Fairgrounds in Prairieville.

Baton Rouge was, and is, anything but boring.

Some of the best blues clubs in the South, to top everything else off. Phil Brady's on Open Mic Night was always a blast.

If you were bored in Baton Rouge, you weren't trying. [smile]

How about the Holocaust Museum in D.C.? Went there this past summer and OMFG!!! It was awful! All it was was boards with a picture and like a whole 6ft. of words in like 12 point font going all the down both sides of the hallway for 4 floors. Trust me, 3 hours of that sh!t and your about ready to kill somebody just to get out. I want entertainment! Not boards with 4 page essays on them! angry.gif

BTW, the most boring place I've ever been has to be the swamp in Siberia. It was a two hour chopper flight from Nizhnevartovsk to the drilling location, and I was on that location for about six weeks. Every piece of mechanical equipment on the rig broke down, but my electrical systems were working perfectly. The Russians kept me there because they somehow seemed to think I could wave a magic wand and fix broken machine parts.

So I was there with nothing but my Traveler guitar, my laptop, and my electrical instruments. I had a few Hal Leonard beginner books, but I could only stand that for so long each day.

How about the Holocaust Museum in D.C.? Went there this past summer and OMFG!!! It was awful! All it was was boards with a picture and like a whole 6ft. of words in like 12 point font going all the down both sides of the hallway for 4 floors. Trust me, 3 hours of that sh!t and your about ready to kill somebody just to get out. I want entertainment! Not boards with 4 page essays on them! angry.gif

Who goes to the Holocaust Museum to be entertained? :lol:

I was a teenager in Southeast Baton Rouge, in the early 80's. The Woodlawn area, to be specific. We never had any problem finding things to do.

I could grab a shotgun or rifle, jump on my bicycle, and go hunting during the hunting season. Imagine a 14 year old kid riding a bicycle down the boulevard today, carrying a shotgun and enough ammo for the hunting trip and a lot of fun shooting after.

We could always get our hands on some adult beverages, and other things that teenagers consumed in those days. The local construction sites didn't freak out when we used their commercial lots as BMX tracks between clearing and construction. We used the slabs as skateboard parks.

There was Forest Park on the weekends, which was always packed full of partying teenagers. Just had to keep an eye out for the cops and clean up after ourselves. Sometimes the police patrolled on horseback, so they could sneak up on us easier.

Gun shows were really cool back then. Concerts at the Centroplex and the Assembly Center. Don't forget the big outdoor shows at the State Fairgrounds in Prairieville.

Baton Rouge was, and is, anything but boring.

Some of the best blues clubs in the South, to top everything else off. Phil Brady's on Open Mic Night was always a blast.

If you were bored in Baton Rouge, you weren't trying. [smile]

Well, I wasn't into hunting and wasn't much of a partier. Yeah, the Centroplex... I did see ELO there. Cortana mall was ok, but got old after a while. Woodland, huh? That rings a bell. We lived in Sherwood Forest, and it was cool. There were parks there and we used to play baskeball and ride our bikes. I mean, for a State capital, at least for me, it wasn't like Austin, Texas. If you compare them both, you know what I'm talking about. Nice to see someone where from old stomping grounds! [thumbup]

Archived