Gibson Brands Forums

NGD for me!

Artie Owl

Edit: Today's the day!

5062647973_4e5069fc0c.jpg

And

5062648109_2a3a044b72.jpg

She plays quite nicely, not too heavy on the bottom end, and a nice solid tone to the mid range, a little light on the higher strings but they still come through. It's nice and light and you can still smell the cedar they used to build it. I am proud to add this one to my family. It's my little buddy!

I'll put up some decent pictures and maybe a demo of it later, when I have a chance to sit.

Cheers, and thanks for your input all!

From the 3 listed I chose the Antique burst.

The one I liked you didn't list.

I liked a combination of two others. Overall I like the Almond but preferred the stained-sides of the nylon Cedar model.

...Is it a Godin by any chance?...

Art & Lutherie.

I went to the Halifax Folklore Centre this afternoon with a friend of mine, I think I'm decided on the Antique Burst over the Blue guitar. I was originally taken by the finish on the blue one, but as time passed from the initial look the Antique one just has a nicer presence and is something I'd be glad to hand down to my children when I have them.

Antique wins!

• 2 weeks later...

No, like I said they're made really well and so it falls to aesthetics at this point, my mind is made up though. I do also like the almond wood grain Daveinspain, but I feel like the traditional burst will age better, we will see though. Thanks for the input everyone.

Archived