Gibson Brands Forums

THE JUST TALK THREAD.

Diego the guy

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some awful reason, my dreams last night included dookie. I woke up gagging.

Not a Greenday fan?

Can I use this thread to complain about a concert I went to on saturday night? I won't let it get out of hand.

of course you can :rolleyes:

Thanks Diego. There is another thread entitled what did you do this weekend (or something like that). I went to see Van Morrison Saturday night. The crowd (bsides my wife) was 50 plus in age (just to create the ambience). Assigned seating, expensive tickets. I stood in line for 30 minutes to get a glass (or 3) of wine to take to the seat. They cut off sales right when I stepped up to the counter. The woman behind the counter said "Mr. Morrison said all sales of everything stops at 8:00 when his show begins". Hardly any warning. I saw him in 2006 and he was a real jerk to his band while on stage in a small venue. Turned the audience off. You think I would have learned.

Thanks for the opportunity to vent. I feel better already. [blink]

Thanks Diego. There is another thread entitled what did you do this weekend (or something like that). I went to see Van Morrison Saturday night. The crowd (bsides my wife) was 50 plus in age (just to create the ambience). Assigned seating, expensive tickets. I stood in line for 30 minutes to get a glass (or 3) of wine to take to the seat. They cut off sales right when I stepped up to the counter. The woman behind the counter said "Mr. Morrison said all sales of everything stops at 8:00 when his show begins". Hardly any warning. I saw him in 2006 and he was a real jerk to his band while on stage in a small venue. Turned the audience off. You think I would have learned.

Thanks for the opportunity to vent. I feel better already. [blink]

sounds like he's a diva, and no problem. as long as you feel better.

Played a gig at a local bar Saturday night. This old drunk kept coming up and requesting "House of the Rising Sun". He was even telling me the chords to play (I tried to act like I didn't know it) [blush]

He went outside for a smoke and when he came back we told him we just played it \:D/

Then he wanted to exchange numbers so I could come see his basement "studio" :-k

So much for the musicians fantasy of having hot women coming on to you at gigs :(

Played a Traditional with coil tapped pu's last night at Guitar Center (sorry NEO). Never really played with the coil tap before. Pretty cool if you turn the amp volume up a little, otherwise, it sounded a little empty at low volume. Didn't try distorted, just clean. Not bad. [thumbup]

Played a Traditional with coil tapped pu's last night at Guitar Center (sorry NEO). Never really played with the coil tap before. Pretty cool if you turn the amp volume up a little, otherwise, it sounded a little empty at low volume. Didn't try distorted, just clean. Not bad. [thumbup]

yeah, coil taps will do that, I feel that the tap gives it a real nice twang.

Played a gig at a local bar Saturday night. This old drunk kept coming up and requesting "House of the Rising Sun". He was even telling me the chords to play (I tried to act like I didn't know it) [blush]

He went outside for a smoke and when he came back we told him we just played it \:D/

Then he wanted to exchange numbers so I could come see his basement "studio" :-k

So much for the musicians fantasy of having hot women coming on to you at gigs :(

'Hot' could mean 'Menopausal' [crying]

:-({|=

Yeah,

if I can find an old tube powered amplifier for a stereo unit, I'd be styling.

Used to have one when I was growing up. Realistic by Radio Shack I think it was.

Great warm tone through some great 12" speakers. Yeah, those were the days.

That stereo really kicked buttocks.

Archived