Gibson Brands Forums

If Led Zeppelin were American

Shnate McDuanus

They're British dumba$$! From your country!

< Heavy sigh...>

Tman, we've talked about this before.

Let's do this one more time before you find yourself thrown out of the Men's Club and sent back to the play ground forever.

Trying to help ya, got four kids of my own between 11 & 21.

Before you click on the button to submit your words, ask yourself this question;

"If I were standing in a room with a bunch of men, and I said this out loud, would any of them have an urge to do me bodily harm?"

Consider the factors involved - your mother is not in the room, nor is your father.

Nobody would be able to intervene in the few short seconds it would take to install lumps on top of your head.

You are NOT one of the men in the room, you are a child learning how to behave as an adult so you may remain in the room.

You KNOW that adults rarely see humor in the same things that adolescents do - you KNOW this, right?

You are in Texas, and I know Dogdamned well you know better.

As my folks told me 35 years ago - don't forget who you are, because if somebody has to remind you...

Okay, back to Cactus - GOOD STUFF!

Criminally under-rated band, certainly in the same league as Led Zep when it comes to good time/party rock n roll.

Gotta say, I really think that Cactus had a much more focused sound than Zep--perhaps not as versatile, but, at least I think, more consistent. Led Zeppelin wasn't entirely one way or the other in terms of what their music "felt" like. They had a variety of different sounds, and they're all great and everything, but I will say that I think Cactus was more consistent and, when I listen to them, I essentially know what I'm going in for. It's not like how, with Zeppelin, you can have an album like Houses Of The Holy, where there's no real central focus or sound that you can classify it as generally--and that's not a bad thing, but there are times when I'm in the mood for one specific thing done very well, over and over again.

That's where Cactus comes in--when I want something bluesy and heavy, and with a great groove. I also really dig Jim McCarty's tone. In ways, I really tend to think of Cactus as essential "bad-a**" music, first and foremost. For me they fulfill the same sort of musical ideal that Johnny Winter, Ten Years After, Savoy Brown and Rory Gallagher do--traditional blues sensibilities, but with an electrified sound and a massive, unrelenting groove.

Uncalled for.

< Heavy sigh...>

Tman, we've talked about this before.

Let's do this one more time before you find yourself thrown out of the Men's Club and sent back to the play ground forever.

Trying to help ya, got four kids of my own between 11 & 21.

Before you click on the button to submit your words, ask yourself this question;

"If I were standing in a room with a bunch of men, and I said this out loud, would any of them have an urge to do me bodily harm?"

Consider the factors involved - your mother is not in the room, nor is your father.

Nobody would be able to intervene in the few short seconds it would take to install lumps on top of your head.

You are NOT one of the men in the room, you are a child learning how to behave as an adult so you may remain in the room.

You KNOW that adults rarely see humor in the same things that adolescents do - you KNOW this, right?

You are in Texas, and I know Dogdamned well you know better.

As my folks told me 35 years ago - don't forget who you are, because if somebody has to remind you...

Okay, back to Cactus - GOOD STUFF!

Criminally under-rated band, certainly in the same league as Led Zep when it comes to good time/party rock n roll.

Was it really that bad? unsure.gif In that case, I'm sorry Steve. msp_unsure.gif

Little over the top I guess............

I always considered Heart to be Americas answer to Zep, music wise. They weren't as exciting live and weren't guitar solo based, but the music was there.

*snip*

I think that's one of the keys to LZ's success, was their bombastic live 3 hour marathon shows. I wish I'd had a chance to see them :(

Archived