Gibson Brands Forums

I Love Pawn Stars

Californiaman

I've went there last time I was in Vegas, saw the Old Man sitting behind his little desk. The place is Really Really Small, like Half the size of our local Pawn Shop, and NONE of the cool stuff you see on the show is in there. It's mostly full of Cheap Silver Jewelry, Knick Knacks, and the only Guitars they have hanging in there are a couple Squiers and Yamaha Strat Copies.

I did see those statues of The Rat Pack they traded on the show. The experience was less than stellar, but the show still Rocks. [thumbup]

I have a feeling they keep the Big Ticket Items in a secured Location. There's a constant stream of Tourist going through the little maze of display cases, so they probably only leave the cheap stuff out. They obviously close the place off during filming or they'd never get a Camera in there.

Two things I've learned from watching that show, "Never Pawn anything you like" and "Never just pay for an Item with cash, bring in something to trade."

I have a feeling they keep the Big Ticket Items in a secured Location. There's a constant stream of Tourist going through the little maze of display cases, so they probably only leave the cheap stuff out. They obviously close the place off during filming or they'd never get a Camera in there.

Two things I've learned from watching that show, "Never Pawn anything you like" and "Never just pay for an Item with cash, bring in something to trade."

A lot of companies I've been to keep the high ticket items in a warehouse off premises. This summer while I was in True Tone Music in Santa Monica I asked about the Gibson ES-350 TDN they told me that they don't keep that guitar in the store and that it was, "Down the street in a warehouse."

I guess it's a plus two on what we can learn from Pawn Stars. [thumbup] [thumbup]

I too am a big history channel buff..Been watching Pawn Stars since the beginning and have seen every episode..excellent show. Now since I've gotten digital cable, I've really been getting into Nat Geo...Theres some incredible shows, like Lockdown Abroad, and all the various documenteries they show.

I saw the episode with the 56 Gibson 225T. The woman had it in a case and you know the Pawn shop boys wouldn`t of bought it without the case. But their selling it without the case. I think the case is in another auction. Its a 335T Case. Were 335`s out in 56? Does anyone like me wonder why their not selling the case with the guitar? K

I like these 225's, probably the most affordable 50's Gibsons.

There are a lot of them for sale and a lot of them seem to be in good condition but I am always weary about vintage guitars, I am not savvy enough to identify possible issues.

I like that show too. You know what always is interesting to me onj that show is how people bring an item in to sell it to the shop and think the pawn shop is going to give them face value for the item.Then Rick explains how he can't do it because he needs to make money on it after selling it.People often don't get it and get upset.I can't figureout why they don't try selling thier item at an auction or outright if they want to squeeze every penny they can out of it instead of going to a pawn shop with it ,thinking it will happen there.Pawn shop is more of a quick sell,fast cash option.

I like that show too. You know what always is interesting to me onj that show is how people bring an item in to sell it to the shop and think the pawn shop is going to give them face value for the item.Then Rick explains how he can't do it because he needs to make money on it after selling it.People often don't get it and get upset.I can't figureout why they don't try selling thier item at an auction or outright if they want to squeeze every penny they can out of it instead of going to a pawn shop with it ,thinking it will happen there.Pawn shop is more of a quick sell,fast cash option.

exactly and in Vegas many are in need of money fast.

Archived