Gibson Brands Forums

Songs That Get In Your Head

MrNylon

Do you have a particular song that gets' in your head, and stays there for a while? Weather you like the song or not. One of the songs that does that to me is, "Windy", by the Association. It's there for weeks, running through my head. Good thing I still like that old tune from the 60's.

OK, true story.

My wife's son, who is now 27 and an accomplished guitar player in his own right (and a computer programmer by day), was sent home from second grade with a note from the teacher that read "Jeremiah was daydreaming in class and not paying attention". When his mother asked him what the problem was, he said "Mom, I had a song stuck in my head". How can you argue with that.

It's a musicians curse, it happens to me a couple of times a day.

This song seems tied to some type switches in my head that are flicked at different parts of the song....me as a kid......so wanting to maybe learn to play baseball...or to go fishing.........or just have a dad around.....to knowing I .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH46SmVv8SU

I have some strong memories of this song too. It can mean so many things from so many angles. Hey you're on this forum, there's a silver lining to this train ride we're all on. Best of luck to you.

......He said he would like to seeme if I don't mind.........I said to myself I ain't got no fu-kin time.........

.......you see you were never there for me......and the apple don't fall too far from the tree........

.......Bat's in the bellfry and church bells at noon........

..............Little boy left in the gloom......

.......etc,,blah blah......crying.... death ...coffin.. ground.. folded flag ..gone

Man those songs got some good lyrics that flow and take you somewhere.

This line....Eyery junkies like a setting Sun.....Do you younger guys get the meaning that Neil painted there with six words ?

OR just anyone under 25 tell me what he was saying ?

Angry eyes by Loggins and Messina. Yeah, I've always been weird. Best telecaster tone ever. No laughing, I'm serious, really, try it. I was 12 or so when we got our first stereo and I had 3 Bachman Turner Overdrive records. And my Mom had a Loggins and Messina album. It took me about 3 years to discover how awesome L&M really were. Something about all the horns and percussion really spoke to me. I recent rediscovered a old freind from 35 years ago, and practically the first thing he said was are you still into Loggins and Messina.

Angry eyes by Loggins and Messina.

Yes... Never got out of loving L&M. Saw them in concert a couple years ago and Kenny's voice is better now than it was 20 years ago.

The famous golfer Jack Nicklaus tells a story about how he would keep his tempo when his opponent tried to play faster or slower and upset Jack's usual rhythm and routine. He had a few songs he would hum to himself, or not even audibly just get in his head. He would walk and swing to the rhythm of those songs and it kept him from playing his opponent's game.

He said he won about a million dollars to Georgie Girl...

As soon as I read that, it started a terrible chain of days when I couldn't get that damned song out of my head. Matter of fact, I wish I'd never read this thread!!!!!!!!! [cursing]

• 2 months later...

Archived