Gibson Brands Forums

My first Magazine Cover!

Josh James

Here is a picture of me on my first magazine cover for "Diversafest" in Tulsa. The funniest thing about it is, I wasn't even playing there!! They used my stock photo in their system as a mistake. So, here you go, in the bottom right hand corner, my ugly mug!

webcover24july08.jpg

Way cool Josh James.

I made it in print one time myself.

Full front page of a newspaper on an antique fire truck in Sault Saint Marie, Ontario.

I was part of a cross Canada tour on 3 antique trucks and was mistaken for an actual firefighter.

I stressed to the reporter that I wasn't a fire fighter but I guess I looked the part.

Dave

There was another singer/songwriter from Nebraska named Joshua James and they mistook me for him...hehe That picture was in the magazine before for a album review, just not on the cover. I had no idea who anyone was on that cover except for Questlove and Dweezil Zappa and AA Reject's...o wait the other chick is Danelle from a band called "Congress Of A Crow".

Shameless plug...you can check out my music on www.myspace.com/JoshJamesgtr as well as get my new album on iTunes. It is called "Asbesto's Honey" and the best song is "Rock Alone"...

Cheers,

J

Congratulations! Every famous person started out as something other than famous.

The only time I was ever on the cover of something was the church bulletin at Central Presbyterian Church here in SW Miami. I was the Scoutmaster of the Boy Scout troop that met there and we had the boys set up a camp one weekend and attend services to introduce them to the congregation. Only a couple were actually members of the church.

I was asked to speak about the program and introduce the boys. Someone took my picture and they put it on the cover.

I got an enormous kick out of it because I'm Jewish.

Yes, I have been playing professionally since I was 23..so almost 6 years. Most of my stuff to this point has been singer/songwriter fare with more imagination. My latest album which came out last year has sitar, lap steel, strings and a variety of different "sounds". I'm also in a classic rock cover band in Tulsa to make money!

Thanks for the compliment, I actually believe I was sober in this photp, just really tired and unkept lol I only have one copy believe it or not.

J

Archived