Gibson Brands Forums

White Stripes

Silenced Fred

Dead Leaves is my favorite song by them. I don't know why, but a lot of people hate on him

Naw, Black Math owns all other White Stripes song. Check out the meaty guitar in the middle part (when they go into half time). Get Behind Me SATAN is the only album I can't get behind. Don't dig so much on blue grass music.

Naw, Black Math owns all other White Stripes song. Check out the meaty guitar in the middle part (when they go into half time). Get Behind Me SATAN is the only album I can't get behind. Don't dig so much on blue grass music.

Black math is good, I mean they got so much good stuff. I dig bluegrass, some of those cats that play are crazy good

Yeah yeah... I know. y'all hate him. I can't ****ing wait. Good **** will come from this, I have a feeling. He's got a lot of cool projects and he's expanded a lot.

Sweet thanks for the info fred, hope it's true. They gave it up days before I was gonna see them for the first time. Had tix and all [scared] :angry:

Fave WS songs just of the top of my head:

7 Nation Army

Get Behind me Satan

Icky Thump

Dead Leaves

Rag n’ Bone

Black Math

Fell In Love With a Girl

Yeah yeah... I know. y'all hate him. I can't ****ing wait. Good **** will come from this, I have a feeling. He's got a lot of cool projects and he's expanded a lot.

Well Nathan, there's a lot more Jack White fans than you may think here. I'm also a fan, though I prefer his Dead Weather stuff. His work ethic is amazing, and it's not often that one plays drums and guitar with equal skill. He says he likes playing cheap guitars because it makes it harder to get the job done..I also apreciate the fact that he is himself and doesn't hide behind a mask and bucket, or any other weird unneccicary gimmicks.....

He gained my respect when he appeared on the movie: It might get loud, with Jimmy, yes Jimmy Page and the edge. OK I'll stand up and listen. I wanted to do that 30+ years ago and am not jealous but admiring. You go man.

I like his attitude about guitars: Though he has recently taken a shining to Gretsch guitars, he has never really cared one iota about what brand of guitar he played. He's a living example of "It" being about the guitar, not the brand on the headstock. I am seeing more of those Airplane style guitars around since WSs broke.

Archived