Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD take 2

rdsmith3

VERY nice, RD! Those Trad Pros are great guitars ... IMHO a more versatile and comfortable player (thanks to the satin finish on the neck) than the Slash AFD for half the price.

Incidently, the one you got has the nicest wood grain on the top that I have seen yet ... better than anything we have in stock at the moment. Well done ... congrats!

Jim

Wow. Looks so much better than the pics from the online stores. HNGD!

I'd love to know how the bridge pickup sounds once you play it for a while. Never heard a "ProBucker 3" before.

I don't have much experience with electric guitars. The pickups on my Dot sound muddier than these, but janglier and hollower. The pickups on the LP sound tighter and hotter, especially the bridge pickup. I need some more time with it to be sure.

My wife and kids were all gone for a while, so I got some rare time in the house alone, and I could crank up my modest amp. I really like this guitar. The coil splitting gives a lot of different sound possibilities.

EDIT: I meant to say the neck pickup seems especially hot.

I don't have much experience with electric guitars. The pickups on my Dot sound muddier than these, but janglier and hollower. The pickups on the LP sound tighter and hotter, especially the bridge pickup. I need some more time with it to be sure.

My wife and kids were all gone for a while, so I got some rare time in the house alone, and I could crank up my modest amp. I really like this guitar. The coil splitting gives a lot of different sound possibilities.

You really can't get much closer to Burstbuckers than what's in this guitar without actually buying them.

You really can't get much closer to Burstbuckers than what's in this guitar without actually buying them.

Agreed! As some of you guys know, I own the Gibson Traditional Pro, and this Epi version (at 1/4 of the price) compares very, VERY well. Epiphone got it right with this one!

Jim

Archived