Gibson Brands Forums

Multi Guitar Racks

Rocky4

I think the best bet is to look for Do it yourself plans and build one if you want to do it for less money.

I've seen those. I'm not much of a craftsman and it will sit out in plain sight so I'd like it to look decent. Some have pegs with foam over them and I wonder if the foam is a good idea

I built one that works well:

P9150029.jpg

P9150032.jpg

P9150033.jpg

I separated each guitar with 6 inch dowel rods covered in felt that I hot glued onto the dowels. Made it big so I could store my other random junk on shelves. Wasn't hard, just took a long time. The best part is that it stores my guitars in their cases.

Depends what you want the guitar stand for. If you want to save space and store your guitars safely with easy access I off up my design. Wasn't cheap to build but solved a lot of problems in one shot.

DSC03493.jpg

If you are looking for something to bring to a gig this obviously wont work....

Depends what you want the guitar stand for. If you want to save space and store your guitars safely with easy access I off up my design. Wasn't cheap to build but solved a lot of problems in one shot.

DSC03493.jpg

If you are looking for something to bring to a gig this obviously wont work....

Beautiful cabinet Daveinspain !!!!!!! A bit curious about that book ' Blues Guitar For Dummies ' though !!!!! [scared] :unsure: [lol]

Beautiful cabinet Daveinspain !!!!!!! A bit curious about that book ' Blues Guitar For Dummies ' though !!!!! [scared] :unsure: [lol]

Hahahahh.... Yeah everyone needs to have a Simon Game handy and the Blues Guitar for Dummies... Lots of good basic stuff in that book dummy or not!

Maybe the reviews on the Rockstand were by nit picky users. I'll give em a closer look

Yeah, I was wondering.

I mean, WTF?

It's a GUITAR STAND.

You know how picky I am, right?

Got all mine off the floor at Guitar Center, 2 were missing screws and hardware.

Long story, just part of the reason I f-ing hate Guitar Center.

They can't even get a bag of screws right?

They were a bit oily (from machining, or to prevent rust?) so I wiped 'em down real good.

Peeled the label stickers off.

Shot them Flat Black with a spray can of Krylon.

Assembled them anew, and voila!

I can give you a couple of assembly tips if you buy them, concerning a bolt that may scratch a guitar....

Yeah, I was wondering.

I mean, WTF?

It's a GUITAR STAND.

You know how picky I am, right?

Got all mine off the floor at Guitar Center, 2 were missing screws and hardware.

Long story, just part of the reason I f-ing hate Guitar Center.

They can't even get a bag of screws right?

They were a bit oily (from machining, or to prevent rust?) so I wiped 'em down real good.

Peeled the label stickers off.

Shot them Flat Black with a spray can of Krylon.

Assembled them anew, and voila!

I can give you a couple of assembly tips if you buy them, concerning a bolt that may scratch a guitar....

The complaints were that the holes didn't line up for the bolts, and the holes were not big enough.

The complaints were that the holes didn't line up for the bolts, and the holes were not big enough.

Should that happen?

No.

But I can tell you that it ain't no big deal.

Good stands - unless they've done something drastically different in the last two years since I looked at 'em.

Foam rubber/nitro caution still applies.

[thumbup]

Archived