Gibson Brands Forums

A Small Friday Treat

albertjohn

Jerry Douglas will always just simply amaze me on the dobro. Possibly te best ever! Good blend of voices and musicians! Great video!

Me too! Love love love Jerry Douglas! This one's gone into my favourites. Thank you AJ.

Not to change the subject but have any of you guys heard the CD Skip Hop and Wobble?

Me too! Love love love Jerry Douglas! This one's gone into my favourites. Thank you AJ.

Not to change the subject but have any of you guys heard the CD Skip Hop and Wobble?

Not come across that one myself. Jerry Douglas is jaw droppingly brilliant isn't he?

Ya'll may be interested then with the rest of the Transatlantic Sessions featuring Joan Osborne, Iris Dement, EmmyLou Harris, Jerry Douglas, Russ Barenberg, Aly Bain, the incredible Julie Fowlis and a host of other American, Irish and Scots musicians. YouTube or Google Transatlantic Sessions...

I'm not sure why it reminded me of Skip Hop and Wobble but it's a relatively rare recording with Jerry Douglas, Russ Barenberg and <snap, snap> shoot! Can't remember the third guy's name?

Skip Hop Wobble

Check out Joan Osborne and Iris Dement on these sessions among everyone else. Julie Fowlis sings in a language we all know but can't understand anymore... Yeah, Jerry Douglas is out of this world. Thank God for music!

Pic

Will do D! Thanks!

I ordered the original Transatlantic Sessions DVDs from an outfit in the UK. Great stuff. Many of us have ancestoral ties to this music. I love it almost as much as I love the blues. Check out ya'll Joan Osborne singing Saint Thersa on this session. No she ain't playing guitar but her accompainiests are among other acoustic instruments. Iris Dement is featured on this session as well and she is fantastic. She has a voice that would carry me to Heaven God willing. Same for Joan as far as that goes.

Play on. Make a noise in this world!

Pic

Thanks for the info on the Jerry Douglas trio as well as the Transatlantic Sessions. All good stuff.

I had the good fortune of seeing Allison Krause/Union Station 3 or 4 years ago. Jerry Douglas is the best. An extremely talented group. 90 minutes of musical bliss!

Also a younger Dan doing it as well with Alison Kraus & Union Station a few years back. Bluegrass morphed the Scotish/English/Irish ballads to make then American. Now, this shows how compleat and perfect the forms are when they come together. Thanks for a great clip.

Thanks AJ. I needed that.

You know it's good music when they all appear to be enjoying themselves.

What's the drummer playin' near the beginning? Could be bones, but they look too long and that's not they way they are generally played.

Thanks AJ. I needed that.

You know it's good music when they all appear to be enjoying themselves.

What's the drummer playin' near the beginning? Could be bones, but they look too long and that's not they way they are generally played.

No idea Tommy. I wondered too. We need Bob Colosi to answer this one maybe. Possibly the rib bones of the last Englishman who tried to storm the castle.

Archived