Gibson Brands Forums

New Hope For Radio

Rocky4

One of our local stations, WWCT has gone to a the Triple A format. Adult Album Alternative. I actually love it. I'm hearing music I wouldn't hear anywhere else. The Nazz, XTC, older Joni Mitchell. I heard a song called Tighten Up by Freds' Black Keys that I love. I heard My Morning Jacket, Claptons new song, etc. I'm stoked, been listening for two weeks and haven't heard any Boston yet!

Not too shabby, I can live without Boston for awhile. But were any of these guys on the playlist?.... CCR, Skynyrd, Tom Petty, Stones, The Who, Eagles,

BTO, Bob Seger, Eddie Money, John Mellencamp, Jackson Browne, Bad Company, Fleetwood Mac...... ](*,)

One of our local stations, WWCT has gone to a the Triple A format. Adult Album Alternative. I actually love it. I'm hearing music I wouldn't hear anywhere else. The Nazz, XTC, older Joni Mitchell. I heard a song called Tighten Up by Freds' Black Keys that I love. I heard My Morning Jacket, Claptons new song, etc. I'm stoked, been listening for two weeks and haven't heard any Boston yet!

Swoon

I'm seeing the Black Keys on the 30th. I love those guys and they rock the **** out of a building. Hoping to be able to get some good pics and some phone numbers :)

[thumbup] I agree. I love that they consistently play things I have not heard - and my ear goes pretty deep (at

least as far as "classic rock" goes).

On a related note, my wife always says some of the tracks are "deep tracks for a reason".

The implication obviously being that they suck. I usually turn the stereo up at that point. [biggrin]

Not too shabby, I can live without Boston for awhile. But were any of these guys on the playlist?.... CCR, Skynyrd, Tom Petty, Stones, The Who, Eagles,

BTO, Bob Seger, Eddie Money, John Mellencamp, Jackson Browne, Bad Company, Fleetwood Mac...... ](*,)

That's classic rock, brother. Do they still have that format? Have not listened to commercial music radio in about fifteen years.

That's classic rock, brother.

Indeed. And my only problem with that format is they stick to the same songs. I'm fine with the classic rock stable of artists (okay I'd like to add a few). But why do they have to play the same songs, and only those songs? Don't they know that Mott the Hoople recorded other songs besides "All the Young Dudes"? Free recorded six studio albums and all they can play is All Right Now? Pis*es me off.

That's classic rock, brother. Do they still have that format? Have not listened to commercial music radio in about fifteen years.

I was being facetious, but yeah FM radio in MPLS/ST. Paul is classic rock central. It's still the repetitive formats, although

we have a good variety of stations to bounce around to.

I love the idea of satellite radio, but I'm not real partial on paying to listen to it.

....so far, so good...... How about Rock and Roll Woman by Buffalo Springfield? Heard that on the radio lately?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdGVleVi-9k

I wish. You guys remember a time when dj's had the freedom to play entire albums, and not just the hits?

That's when FM had soul.

Yes. Here in Sacramento we had an FM station called KZAP that was one of the first "free-form" radio stations. They played everything and the djs had total control. The need for money to run a radio station is what killed that ideal format.

Archived