Gibson Brands Forums

Pics of the new R8

bluzhammer

Here are a few pics of the R8 , I traded for. The PRS CU 24 I swapped was a great guitar but all in all it lacked something tonally. I traded even up with the previous owner, he has arthritis and claimed the neck was too large for him. I personally like this larger neck. The PRS neck sort of cramped my hand up after playing a bit on it.R8LesPaul002.jpgR8LesPaul001.jpgR8LesPaul003.jpg

Damn, thats nice! :D

I think the other guy got ripped off if you ask me. [lol]

Truth be known, the 24 was only 3 weeks old and was the 25th Ann. special. it was a great player, just didn't do a lot for me. Even with the 57/08 pickups it never seemed to have that growl I thought I heard when I bought it.[crying]

Nice guitar! I know what you mean about the PRS. I had a McCarty that looked great but every time I played it the rest of the band would say "the Gibson's sound better!". I agreed and sold it and bought the Les Paul Supreme you see pictured to the left! I learned my lesson and stick with the best.

Truth be known, the 24 was only 3 weeks old and was the 25th Ann. special. it was a great player, just didn't do a lot for me. Even with the 57/08 pickups it never seemed to have that growl I thought I heard when I bought it.[crying]

Ouch. Should have sent the PRS back. You could have bought the R8 and change left over.

Archived