Gibson Brands Forums

What Are Your Favorite Pedals On Your Board?

Tman5293

Yea I hated my Boss DS1..and it had the Ultra-Mod...just never liked it, my favorite distortion pedal of all time witch will take you from 60's-70's rock to full blown metal is the Greenhouse FX No-Brainer...The versatility of it is just ridiculous and I'd say it's my favorite pedal along with my Fuzzy Lady and King Rasp.

ghnb_big.jpg

I listened to the No Brainer on Youtube. Sounds very nice! msp_thumbup.gif Although the graphic of Kurt Cobain with the shotgun in his mouth is kinda creepy. msp_unsure.gif

I think you would be surprised by their durability. Open it up and see (no circuit board, P2P wiring, everything well anchored, etc).

I'm not doubting their durability at all. I know they're well made I've looked around in both my ZVexs and they're solid. It's more that I would want to chip off that *****in paint job! I don't if a Boss gets beat to hell. My Big Muff is super jacked up looking but it works fine.

Giantrobot did you get that yet? I woke up today to my Memory Man on my couch. I've only played with it for a couple hours but it's awesome. I love looping!

I listened to the No Brainer on Youtube. Sounds very nice! Although the graphic of Kurt Cobain with the shotgun in his mouth is kinda creepy.

Yea it's pretty creepy aint it? I thought the same thing as well...but hey at least its original.. [thumbup] Good luck on your pedal hunt! If you do decide to pick one up you wont be disappointed

• 2 weeks later...

i only own a few pedals but my favorite pedals are my Lovepedal eternity burst and my MXR custom shop script phase 90...

The Eternity is pretty hard to find since it was a very limited edition model... you might be able to find one on ebay though. I got mine a year ago on ebay for about $200 with shipping...

The MXR script phase 90's are pretty easy and cheap. I don't know how quality they are nowadays (I got one of the original first runs when they first started releasing them a couple years ago), but mine is super-awesome!! i love it... nice and thick, great tones [thumbup] however, they now make a version with an LED as well as the non-LED... i wouldn't recommend getting the LED version cuz i've heard a lot of people saying it doesn't sound as good as the non-LED... i wouldn't know personally since they only had the non-LED version when i bought mine, but im just sayin... [biggrin]

DSC_5217.jpg

MXR_vintage74_CSP-026.jpg

Well it really depends on the amp (mostly the wattage, speaker configuration, and types of tubes). The 93 Peavey Prowler I play thru has 6L6G power tubes, so it has more of Mesa sound than a Marshall sound.( can nail the Beano tone, and with the bridge it can get perfect AC/DC tone , or the Jimmy Page tone---especially the LZ II tone). It has less bass than a stack, being a 1X12 combo,so certain ODs work better with this type. The pedals I currently own are: a cheapo MadDog flanger ( piece of crap), a BOSS DS-1, a Rocktek compressor, an Ibanez TS-5 Soundtank series tube screamer (remember those?), an Ibanez Paul Gilbert AF-2 flanger, a Cry Baby, an ORIGINAL DOD Stereo Chorus from the 80s ( MADE IN USA), and of course, more of a neccecity than a prefrence, the BOSS Pedal Tuner. I do not use the Mad Dog because its junk, the DS-1 because it doesn't sound right, not my thing, and the compressor because it gets in the way, and makes everything too bright and tinny. I use the others though. That little TS-5 is a great sounding od--I was going to get the Keeley mod ( which my dad has in his SD-1), or the Analog Man mod, but the pedal sounds killer now. The AF-2, like other Ibanez flangers, has a very chorusy vibe to it, so with this pedal I can't get that VH style flange sound. But I can get really nice retro tones, and even a talk box tone ( which is a nice substitute because with a talk box you need a seperate amp). And the takeoff mode is cool for making police siren sounds to freak out my potential audience members. So I will have that flanger for that, and I will get an MXR for the regular flanger tones. I do plan on getting a fuzzface, an MXR Phase 90, an Ernie Ball Volume pedal, and some kind of digital delay ( analog delays are too unstable and noisy with any kind of od-for CLEAN ONLY, so either the TC Electronic Nova digital delay, the BOSS DD-1, or this really nice Visual Sound digital delay). Analog delay would be nice though for cleans ( either the Ibanez analog delay, or any of the EH models ). A Big Muff would be nice too, as well as a Univibe, or an octave. Anyways, my favorite pedals would be either my DOD, my Cry Baby, or the Tube Screamer.

Unfortunately I have Line 6 floor POD plus, and i think that it is very poor multieffect pedal after all. I bought it for that I could make some easy and "silent" recordings at my apartment house. Anyway that machine was a great disappointment.

Does anyone have experience from Boss's harmonizer pedal (BOSS PS-6 Harmonist)? Is it latency free?

I have a pretty limited pedal board by design. The only one I don't use every show is the MXR Carbon Copy. It only gets used when the mood strikes. Other wise I would not want to play without the rest: Dunlop Crybaby, BOSS TU-2 Tuner, MXR Fullbore Metal (always on) Rocktron Hush (always on to some degree) and an Ernie Ball Volume, that's it.

I have to join the Fuzz Factory group on this one, its a sweet pedal and is very versatile.

I toldya so [flapper]

Once you think you figured it out.. You haven't.

Now if you want more GAS go on YouTube and check out the AB Synth. Everyone kept telling me to buy one. I'm gonna have to at some point. It's like the FF but in some ways better.

I toldya so [flapper]

Once you think you figured it out.. You haven't.

Now if you want more GAS go on YouTube and check out the AB Synth. Everyone kept telling me to buy one. I'm gonna have to at some point. It's like the FF but in some ways better.

I'm looking more at mod pedals now. I want a phaser lol

I'm looking more at mod pedals now. I want a phaser lol

you should definately take a look at the MXR custom shop script phase 90... like i said earlier, it's a classic; it's got great thick tones, and is actually not that expensive, considering it's a custom shop model and it's handwired too... [thumbup]

you should definately take a look at the MXR custom shop script phase 90... like i said earlier, it's a classic; it's got great thick tones, and is actually not that expensive, considering it's a custom shop model and it's handwired too... [thumbup]

Oh yeah, that's the one I would go for. I've been working a ton on my lead tones, and I think it could add some cool textures

I'm a tweaker. I like this one

I just found out about it not too long ago. I'm normally not a huge fan of phasers (I love that one part in "Tighten Up") but I'm GASin for this one. I love the Pink Floyd swirly sounds too.

The same company makes the sweeeeetest muff. I almost picked one up for a sweet price but I was a little too late.

I just found out about it not too long ago. I'm normally not a huge fan of phasers (I love that one part in "Tighten Up") but I'm GASin for this one. I love the Pink Floyd swirly sounds too.

The same company makes the sweeeeetest muff. I almost picked one up for a sweet price but I was a little too late.

If your a tweaker Dub...try out the new Subdecay DLX Quasar....freakn crazy...

yea ive heard of blackout effectors and they do make some pretty awesome stuff... i personally like their twosome dual fuzz. it's probably one of the best sounding fuzzes i've heard in awhile (it combines two of their different fuzz circuits into one pedal which is pretty awesome cuz that way it covers a ton of different fuzz tones [biggrin] )

Archived