Gibson Brands Forums

What Are Your Favorite Pedals On Your Board?

Tman5293

- I love my Fuzz Factory. One of the best fuzzes out there and full of insane sounds.

- Cannot love without my Maxon OD808. Tasty solid state over drive.

- I also have a pre-Dunlap MXR Phase90, but you cannot buy those unless you comb Ebay. I hear the custom shop script logo Dunlap makes is pretty sweet. And they're less than $120.

From everything I've heard of these two, the Jetter Gain Stage Red and Blue both sound great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDjSIYI-cSE

I plan on picking up one or the other as soon as I can (I don't think they make the Blue anymore, but I think it would sound awesome for leads and they can be found used for a reasonable price.)

Oh! And the Blackstone OD also sounds INCREDIBLE.

I think Mr. Natural has one? I have some ridiculous GAS for a Blackstone.

Try a mxr micro amp. I used to use one with my Marshalls in my gigging days. It boosts the input. I loved it for solo's.

I've just looked on You Tube and there're some good vids of it. It's not a fuzz pedal but boosts the gain. I like natural overdrive more than fuzz. You people should try one.

So I have full intentions of buying a new pedal after Christmas. The problem is that I'm not sure on which on to get. So if you guys would please name your favorite pedals that would be awesome! msp_thumbup.gif

Right now the pedal I'm thinking about getting is this one:

big-muff-pi.jpg

http://www.ehx.com/products/big-muff-pi

Excellent choice...and the Double Muff adds some useful adjustments too [thumbup]

V

:-({|=

Just a heads up.. You can get that Big Muff for like $40 used if you look.

One thing about that Big Muff that you should realize is that it is a complete one trick pony. It does one thing and it does it well. If you're looking for a versatile pedal don't get that Big Muff.

I have the Russian (which I prefer). I'm gonna get it modded and it should be about 10x better.

As for my favorite pedal.. Definately my Fuzz Factory. Doesn't get much better.

ChanMan.. I take it you like Boss?

Have you ever tried routing one of the outputs on your DD-7 back into one of the inputs? You would probably have to cross it over. For example plug your guitar into input A then plug a patch cable into output A which goes back into input B and then output B goes to your amp.

ChanMan.. I take it you like Boss?

Have you ever tried routing one of the outputs on your DD-7 back into one of the inputs? You would probably have to cross it over. For example plug your guitar into input A then plug a patch cable into output A which goes back into input B and then output B goes to your amp.

I do. While I have other pedals, I've found Boss to consistantly deliver what I need in a very durable kinda way :)

I have NOT tried that........ yet :) I've played around some with various stereo outs... but never thought about looping the back into the chain!

I got a funeral to attend today, but when I have time Ima try it and see what I can get out of it....

That's cool. I'm generally not a big fan of Boss but I know what you're saying. I don't think they're necesarrily any more durable than an MXR or similar style enclosure but they have a certain utilitarian feel to them. At least to me. I definately wouldn't toss my precious Fuzz Factory around the way I'd toss around just about any Boss pedal.

When you try that just keep in mind that you're going to have way more repeats and it will get crazy a lot faster.

I've had MXR pedals go south on me. The legendary script phase 90 to be exact. I've lost DoD pedals to electonics issues... The Boss pedals have been indestructible and are highly configurable, giving me loads of tonal options. And I shopped the bejesus out of pedals when i put my board together.

Having said that, there are a metric crap-ton of newer pedals out there I have not tried yet, so....[confused]

Funny, though.... the other pedals that I have found to be incredibly durable are the Arion series. Plastic cases and all!

I'm not talking about MXR specifically. Just that enclosure/ switch/ knob general layout.. The switch is seems to be the weak point but you have to do something bad to break it and the good thing is you can replace one for about $4 for a high quality switch.

Under that enclosure the Boss has a pretty dinky switch. My Boss pedals have super annoying switch issues. They're a little older but I hate the switches.

I'd say that's the great downfall of Boss' durability. They seem to be pretty much impossible to repair too. Maybe I'm just a ******. Aside from that I'd say they're pretty rugged.

Ugh yeah they're pretty bad about batteries.

The switches on mine suck. I could look up how old they are but not right now. They're 80s- 90s.

The problem that I have is that I step on the switch in one smooth movement and it switches twice. As in on and then back off really fast or vice versa. I guess that just happens when they get older but the problem is it's no easy fix. It's an easy fix with traditional switches.

Like I said it's a small chink in the armor. I just happened to get nailed by it.

It really depends on which amp I'm using.

Marshall Guvnor' is a great pedal

TC Electronics repeater - delay and it has chorus built in

I just finished and am still experimenting with the BYOC Over Drive 2 pedal. This replaced my Ibanez Tube Screamer.

The most used and cannot live without: Poly Tune (any tuner really)

I definately wouldn't toss my precious Fuzz Factory around the way I'd toss around just about any Boss pedal.

I think you would be surprised by their durability. Open it up and see (no circuit board, P2P wiring, everything well anchored, etc).

So guess this really depends on what kind of pedal I'm looking for. eusa_think.gif I think I'm gonna get a new distortion pedal to replace my BOSS DS-1. The DS-1 sounds awful. Which is why I was looking at the Big Muff. I don't need phaser, flanger, or delay, ATM since my Line 6 does all that by itself. I would like to get a BOSS Loop Station but they're just too damn expensive.

I just replaced my Boss DS-1 with a Monte Allums-modded DS-1. Not as popular as the Keeley, but it sounds sweet.

I've been using my Super Overdrive as a booster along with it.

The oldest pedal I have is a Boss Pitch shifter/Delay I bought back in '89. Still runs like a top.

I just replaced my Boss DS-1 with a Monte Allums-modded DS-1. Not as popular as the Keeley, but it sounds sweet.

I've been using my Super Overdrive as a booster along with it.

The oldest pedal I have is a Boss Pitch shifter/Delay I bought back in '89. Still runs like a top.

Yea I hated my Boss DS1..and it had the Ultra-Mod...just never liked it, my favorite distortion pedal of all time witch will take you from 60's-70's rock to full blown metal is the Greenhouse FX No-Brainer...The versatility of it is just ridiculous and I'd say it's my favorite pedal along with my Fuzzy Lady and King Rasp.

ghnb_big.jpg

Archived