Gibson Brands Forums

moshing?...explain it to me please.

S t e v e

i recently saw "bullet for my valentine" here in london, i had seated tickets but looking on to the general admim floor there were groups of people pushing and shoving eachother? especialy when the music got fast and heavy...my brother says this is known as "moshing" and that was the mosh pit?, if i had standing tickets and people started shoving me around then all motherfcuking hell would break loose! [blink]

do you mosh?

here's a pic

001.jpg

002.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont like mosh pits for the same reasons. the last bls show i saw, i had floor tickets and i dont care if i ever witness a pit myself ever again, if i want to fight ill go to a bar. when i was in high school it was called slam dancing but not as violent as a mosh.

Lol! Late bloomer, huh? Yeah, that's a mosh pit alright, [biggrin] . You pretty much have to know that's what would happen before you go to such concert. So you'd be wise to avoid the front. Lol, what if you had had floor tickets and that had happened, LOL. I can just see your black eyed mug shot, Stevo! [flapper]

Lol! Late bloomer, huh? Yeah, that's a mosh pit alright, [biggrin] . You pretty much have to know that's what would happen before you go to such concert. So you'd be wise to avoid the front. Lol, what if you had had floor tickets and that had happened, LOL. I can just see your black eyed mug shot, Stevo! [flapper]

haha, tbh i sort knew that stuff went on that's why i bought seats [biggrin]...just wanted peoples thoughts on it and wondered how many "if any" liked to mosh :-k

Believers in "Mosh Pits" believe it is the essence of the music moving trough the crowd and is the ONLY way to enjoy the music. What it really is, is a way to get away with things you normally couldn't, like smoking weed, or copping a feel.

Allowing human beings to get this close in these numbers is a dangerous situation. One fire cracker or one thrown fist can cause the crowed to shift, en masse, thereby trapping and crushing some individuals to the point of asphixiation. Every few years you hear of someone getting hurt and killed in one of these. MOST communities have outlawed this type of seating arrangement. Some communities forget to enforce it.

This ain't just age talkin' 'cuz my perspective ain't changed much since I was a teen at my first big city concert - Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem in Boston nearly 50 years ago - and I decided I didn't care for crowds all that much. The same goes for sports events and whatever.

Nowadays I guess you could say that if I ain't paid to be there, I ain't. Been that way pretty much for around 45 years.

m

haha, tbh i sort knew that stuff went on that's why i bought seats [biggrin]...just wanted peoples thoughts on it and wondered how many "if any" liked to mosh :-k

so THATS what it is.......and all this time I thought it was an excuse for young guys to rub/bump/grind/slam against each other "en masse"........ [scared]

Idiots:

A foolish or stupid person.<li>A person of profound mental retardation having a mental age below three years and generally being unable to learn connected speech or guard against common dangers. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.

That's my explanation.....

I'm a blues man at Heart, but I've been in more than my share of Mosh Pits. There's nothing Stupid about it, it's very safe. Everyone in every pit I've ever been in (and we're talking 20 years of pits) is very friendly. All those kids look like they're hurting each other but they're looking out for each other as well.

If you're trying to stand still in a Mosh Pit you'll get knocked around a bit, if you flow with it it's "Just Like Dancing". Dem00ns right again, folks. Moshing is not only harmless, it's killed fewer people than Who concerts.

One time I was in a bloody mosh pit. About three guys lost some teeth and at least two got their noses broken, and when the cops showed up the show was stopped. It was the last time I went to see barry manilow. [sneaky]

[tongue]

One time I was in a bloody mosh pit. About three guys lost some teeth and at least two got their noses broken, and when the cops showed up the show was stopped. It was the last time I went to see barry manilow. [sneaky]

[tongue]

Was one of the noses that got broken Barry's. Happening that close to the stage it had to be in the mix!msp_w00t.gif

yeah, it all started here in the LA south bay and OC beach areas circa the late 70s-early 80s at hardcore punk rock shows (black flag, germs, tsol, etc.). just a bunch of teenage boys crowding together and blowing off some steam by running into each other. it gets violent at times. kinda homo-erotic too. i never got into it. i go to shows to watch my favorite guitar players perform....

yeah, it all started here in the LA south bay and OC beach areas circa the late 70s-early 80s at hardcore punk rock shows (black flag, germs, tsol, etc.). just a bunch of teenage boys crowding together and blowing off some steam by running into each other. it gets violent at times. kinda homo-erotic too. i never got into it. i go to shows to watch my favorite guitar players perform....

I think you've confused Moshing with Disco. Homo-erotic? #-o Oy Vey!

are you sure those weren't dentures flying around?

[tongue]

Archived