Gibson Brands Forums

8Yr old Blues Player

cornflake

Im trying to teach my 10&6 yr old to play thay both know a few chords but no were close to that, but i dont even play that good myself im just learning scales. And it dosent help i only get them everyother weekend. There mother dont give a s#!t about music

So, if i pickup someone who is better then him, but in their early 20's.

Who do you think would get the record deal and the endorsements the 8 yr old or the 20 yr old...?

He is brimming with potential though, although a lot of prodigies usually go mad.

Blues comes form a hard life and a tortured soul, at 8, even 11, what's his worst experience?

No pudding after diner? Didn't get his favorite Power Ranger for Christmas?

Sorry, he my have mechanics down, but he's no blues player.

Sure, he's got a great foundation and in 20 years he'll probably be great, but right now this is silly.

my instinct is he is a savant - and possibly a high functioning autistic/aspergers savant...his playing and focus is extraordinary - and he is a great player who has loads of potential!

(edit - my wife who runs an autistic unit agrees by the way he acts socially in the interview too - msp_thumbup.gif) I like the way he plays - being a child with skills is a hard road with lots of jealousy and also people wanting to boss you around. I wish the little guy good luck!

Matt

my instinct is he is a savant - and possibly a high functioning autistic/aspergers savant...his playing and focus is extraordinary - and he is a great player who has loads of potential!

(edit - my wife who runs an autistic unit agrees by the way he acts socially in the interview too - msp_thumbup.gif) I like the way he plays - being a child with skills is a hard road with lots of jealousy and also people wanting to boss you around. I wish the little guy good luck!

Matt

I agree with your wife Matt; And an outlet like this is good for him....If his parents aren't aware of his condition, they need to learn.......The kid's enthusiasm and goals could use a gentle reality check....and continued support..

I also agree with Kimbabig and Cabba, but I always do, because they are always right on..............

That little guy can play. I wish I could play that well.

They said he goes by "TMan" isn't he a member of our forum?

Keep wishing Big Bill, as you never will......but it's good to dream though..

Im trying to teach my 10&6 yr old to play thay both know a few chords but no were close to that, but i dont even play that good myself im just learning scales. And it dosent help i only get them everyother weekend. There mother dont give a s#!t about music

I bought my baby cousin a plastic toy guitar when he was jst younger than 1 because I want him to get to know the feel and how to hold a guitar. Then when he's 3 I'll buy him a 1/2 electric. I wanna turn him into a prodogy :L

Archived