Gibson Brands Forums

The New Les Paul Supreme

sparky scott 29

They are gorgeous but I don't like those particular pups or at least those pups combined with the chambered body and gaud forbid you ever have to work on it internally. My ES-355 is a real cuss to work on and it has F-holes at least that help a little.

Played the Supreme along with many others before I ended up with the R9. I personally would buy a Traditional Goldtop any day, get the more solid body and more importantly those 57s I love and spend the rest on um . . . perhaps another Carvin. Yeah, I like that idea.

They are gorgeous but I don't like those particular pups or at least those pups combined with the chambered body and gaud forbid you ever have to work on it internally. My ES-355 is a real cuss to work on and it has F-holes at least that help a little.

Played the Supreme along with many others before I ended up with the R9. I personally would buy a Traditional Goldtop any day, get the more solid body and more importantly those 57s I love and spend the rest on um . . . perhaps another Carvin. Yeah, I like that idea.

I agree with everything in your statement.........R9s are great.....someday, someday I'll get me one......with a killer flame top, in a Tea or Ginger burst................

Archived