Gibson Brands Forums

New SGs for 2011?

ChatNoir

Does anyone know if Gibson is ever planning on adding new color choices to the Standard SG? It always seems to be offered in the two colors it's been that way for a while now - black and cherry. Anyone hear of new products in the standard line coming soon?

A lot of colors would be nice... [biggrin] why doesn't Gibson ever offer more than just two colors? I'd love to get an SG this year but not in cherry or black..... [thumbdn]

Gibson is now offering the "60's SG" with open, coil-splitting zebra pickups in Honeyburst and Wine Red.

The Honeyburst I saw looked nice, and the Wine one I saw appeared to be much darker than the Heritage Cherry that I've seen on some Standards and 61 Reissues.

I believe this model may be a Guitar Center, Musicians Friend, Music 123 exclusive.

Maybe with the 50th anniversary of the SG being celebrated this year, we'll see some different colors offered.

A Pelham Blue Standard would be cool.

PICT0245.JPG

I'd love for them to take away a lot of guitars actually! New colours would be nice, such as, tobacco burst and walnut.

But yes, I feel that they need to remove a ton of crap from their list, especially the les pauls, robots, customs etc Just to narrow down the choice and be more practical.

Oh, and that limited edition bullsh*t. Also the guitar centre, music 123 and whatever you guys have there, exclusives should stop being made.

Overall I'm just saying that Gibson should just get back down to basics and start asking what the CUSTOMERS want, though they have added a few, such as the Firebird (sorry I've been off guitars for a while so I'm not sure if that's the name) which are nice.

I'd love for them to take away a lot of guitars actually! New colours would be nice, such as, tobacco burst and walnut.

But yes, I feel that they need to remove a ton of crap from their list, especially the les pauls, robots, customs etc Just to narrow down the choice and be more practical.

Oh, and that limited edition bullsh*t. Also the guitar centre, music 123 and whatever you guys have there, exclusives should stop being made.

Overall I'm just saying that Gibson should just get back down to basics and start asking what the CUSTOMERS want, though they have added a few, such as the Firebird (sorry I've been off guitars for a while so I'm not sure if that's the name) which are nice.

Wow, I couldn't agree more. Too many models, special runs, etc. Gibson's lineup is cluttered and redundant right now.

The Historic series is getting ridiculous, they make so many of them, they've lost their exclusivity.

One of the reasons I stopped buying Fender. Have one standard and make it all USA made, and make it top-notch.

The variations should be the finish (offer more) and the fretboard wood (more ebony offerings)

IMO!!

If classic white SG's with 60's slim necks were put into the normal lineup I would agree with you, it's the reason I bought this in the first place.

I'd love the opportunity to get a pelham blue SG. Just a Standard or '61 RI would be fine. Some of us can't afford/don't need a £3k VOS SG Custom

i second pelham blue.

i actually also would like to see a reissue of the melody maker sg. neat little things

Archived